YannisManesis

Traffic Stops won't work

When I go behind a vehicle and order a traffic stop by beeping my sirens, the car instead of slowing down and pulling over properly. it just goes nirvana and drives straight for eternity, not turning left or right, braking or speeding, just going forward...what's happening?

4 hours ago, YannisManesis said:

When I go behind a vehicle and order a traffic stop by beeping my sirens, the car instead of slowing down and pulling over properly. it just goes nirvana and drives straight for eternity, not turning left or right, braking or speeding, just going forward...what's happening?

If you honk at them even once, that's what happens. Nirvana. 

22 hours ago, YannisManesis said:

That's a result from ELS.  Open the ELS INI, find "ELSTrafCTRL", and set to false.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

11 hours ago, Giordano said:

That's a result from ELS.  Open the ELS INI, find "ELSTrafCTRL", and set to false.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:52 AM, YannisManesis said:

Giordano is correct but If you disable this, this is what happens:

"This feature is particularly useful at intersections when all lanes are occupied and it is necessary to force NPC vehicles to proceed through a red light. Manual tones and the air horn will have the same effect. Using a non-primary siren tone in addition to the horn will cause the AI to move at a more hurried pace. " - ELS User Guide and Reference 

So In my opinion don't disable it, because like in real life cops don't leave their sirens on when doing a traffic stop. That is why when you go into stage 3 els with sirens, the sirens get turned off automatically for realism. 

27 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

Giordano is correct but If you disable this, this is what happens:

"This feature is particularly useful at intersections when all lanes are occupied and it is necessary to force NPC vehicles to proceed through a red light. Manual tones and the air horn will have the same effect. Using a non-primary siren tone in addition to the horn will cause the AI to move at a more hurried pace. " - ELS User Guide and Reference 

So In my opinion don't disable it, because like in real life cops don't leave their sirens on when doing a traffic stop. That is why when you go into stage 3 els with sirens, the sirens get turned off automatically for realism. 

I don't think you really understand what you're saying.  First of all, if he doesn't disable the option, he is not going to be able to stop a vehicle. I know ELS's feature is nice, but you really have no other option. Where are you getting anything about leaving their sirens on?  No one has said a word about this.  On traffic stops, you leave your emergency lights on.

For intersections, yes, it is nice to use trafctrl to clear cars, but clearing cars isn't worth it if you can't even get a traffic stop vehicle to stay still.  Also,

That is why when you go into stage 3 els with sirens, the sirens get turned off automatically for realism.

Uhm....no.  When you go to stage 3, all lights are on, but you still have to manually activate the siren.  If you have the siren on and disable your lights, the siren automatically turns off.

1 hour ago, Giordano said:

I don't think you really understand what you're saying.  First of all, if he doesn't disable the option, he is not going to be able to stop a vehicle. I know ELS's feature is nice, but you really have no other option. Where are you getting anything about leaving their sirens on?  No one has said a word about this.  On traffic stops, you leave your emergency lights on.

For intersections, yes, it is nice to use trafctrl to clear cars, but clearing cars isn't worth it if you can't even get a traffic stop vehicle to stay still.  Also,

He CAN stop a vehicle, The option CAN stay enabled, the Author is just new and hasn't gotten used to lspdfr yet. He's not supposed to spam Sirens on a vehicle he is pulling over. That is why it is driving away. there is no reason to disable this els feature.

Uhm....no.  When you go to stage 3, all lights are on, but you still have to manually activate the siren.  If you have the siren on and disable your lights, the siren automatically turns off.

I was incorrect about the sirens being turned off automatically. It has to be done manually when the traffic stop is started.

But that's not what we are discussing here. We are talking about why his pullover method is incorrect.

Here is a video of what I'm certain the author is doing and why the car drives off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyrl5bH_4C0

@ 0:10 this is what the author does. Incorrect pull over.

@ 0:36 this is what is supposed to be done. Correct pull over method.

@ 0:50 Beeping your sirens will cause the vehicle to go crazy. Should not be pressed.

If the car's pullover needs to be adjust. Simply honk one time. As it always says in the top left corner.

@ 1:04 This is the els traffic ctrl feature.

@Giordano

@YannisManesis Can you confirm this?

Edited by Pav500

@Pav500 I think I found a solution. If you tap 'J' quickly, there will be a short beep of the sirens between stage 3 and stage 1, this is properly making the ordered vehicle to come to a stop

17 minutes ago, YannisManesis said:

@Pav500 I think I found a solution. If you tap 'J' quickly, there will be a short beep of the sirens between stage 3 and stage 1, this is properly making the ordered vehicle to come to a stop

There is no such thing as tapping J quickly. J just changes the Light Stage. Your so confused but its okay since your new.

The short beep you are hearing is when You Pressed Shift to pull over a car and when you went from STAGE 2 to STAGE 3 by pressing "J", that's when you hear the beep. That initiates the pull over.

8 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

There is no such thing as tapping J quickly. J just changes the Light Stage. Your so confused but its okay since your new.

The short beep you are hearing is when You Pressed Shift to pull over a car and when you went from STAGE 2 to STAGE 3 by pressing "J", that's when you hear the beep. That initiates the pull over.

You are incorrect.  I also wouldn't patronize him for being new.  When you double tap J quickly, the siren blips just like it would with non ELS if you double tapped E.  The bliping sound is the exact same, depending on your siren, that you'd hear when initiating a traffic stop.  The reason it blips is because you're turning the lights on and off quickly.

2 minutes ago, Giordano said:

You are incorrect.  I also wouldn't patronize him for being new.  When you double tap J quickly, the siren blips just like it would with non ELS if you double tapped E.  The bliping sound is the exact same, depending on your siren, that you'd hear when initiating a traffic stop.  The reason it blips is because you're turning the lights on and off quickly.

I'd like to see a video of this, because I couldn't replicate it in game. Otherwise I don't believe you.

Also I'm most definitely not patronizing him.  He is new to the community and I just don't want him to confuse himself with how els/lspdfr is supposed to work.

5 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

I'd like to see a video of this, because I couldn't replicate it in game. Otherwise I don't believe you.

Also I'm most definitely not patronizing him.  He is new to the community and I just don't want him to confuse himself with how els/lspdfr is supposed to work.

If your ELS setting is on manual or invert, you might not be able to do it.  If it's set on auto you can do it.  Just cause you can't replicate doesn't mean it's a lie. 

If you still can't get it, PM me.  otherwise, lets not hijack his thread any further.

11 minutes ago, Giordano said:

If your ELS setting is on manual or invert, you might not be able to do it.  If it's set on auto you can do it.  Just cause you can't replicate doesn't mean it's a lie. 

If you still can't get it, PM me.  otherwise, lets not hijack his thread any further.

I see what you mean now. I never knew els vehicles can do this because most authors keep it on manual in their vcf's.

Edited by Pav500

18 hours ago, Giordano said:

Sorry to say but @Giordano is right.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:59 AM, YannisManesis said:

Sorry to say but @Giordano is right.

I don't have it turned off, but I have had the same effect, sometimes. Usually, when I press "T" or "Y" during the stop the vehicles accelerates rapidly without any regard for whats in front of it. Tested, and realized when I don't press "T" or "Y" and instead press "1-4" I no longer have the issue. I'd try that