willrs

FIB Siren pitch

With the fib siren now being available for use with els I'm trying to see if I can adjust some siren in my game to sound right in the fib slot. Right now I'm in audacity trying to compare the speed and pitch from the "authentic chp siren" that has both a normal siren and one that is adjusted for the fib slot. I'm wondering if there's someone that already knows exact values that a siren has to be changed by for it to sound right in the fib slot.

I will be looking into this is due course. I believe you need to increase the pitch for the FIB, Ambulance and Firetruck sirens but I'll confirm the exact semitones (I work in Sony Vegas and use built-in audio plugins for this). But as well as pitch, the duration should also be altered. Normally when changing pitch this happens automatically. Increasing pitch results in faster siren/shorter duration (the pitch and duration then gets adjusted back to normal again in-game). Forcing no change to the duration when increasing pitch will result in a too slow siren tone.

Edited by TheHC09

I've found changing the speed by 15% in audacity (which also changes the pitch proportionally if you check the box) seems to work well.

Yes, I can confirm for the FIB sirens it is 2.0 semitone increase and a slightly decreased duration. Haven't tested the others yet.