adam enforcers

how do you add lights

well ive officially created my first 3d model! but the issue is its now in zmodeler 3 and id like to find out how you add things like headlights and brake lights along with emergency lights to a non els model. the tutorials i ran through does not really explain how that process is, there is a tutorial website that is helping out in other areas, also i need assistance with door hinging. everything i will do myself but if you can help answer my questions id appreciate that!:DCapture30.thumb.PNG.217e65d0e4ca707918b2c0489f3865b0.PNG

20 minutes ago, lessien said:

you need to make the hierarchy first i think...

ok i did do the hiarchy im not really sure how (misc) works but i have created the chassis line of hiarchy.  i just wanted to know how to light certain areas, i wanted to put 4 halogen lights in the back and two thirds of halogens in the front. now with light id's is there a list of id's for certain emergency light patterns such as led and halogen? plus how would i put the exact color i want?

Edited by adam enforcers

22 hours ago, adam enforcers said:

ok i did do the hiarchy im not really sure how (misc) works but i have created the chassis line of hiarchy.  i just wanted to know how to light certain areas, i wanted to put 4 halogen lights in the back and two thirds of halogens in the front. now with light id's is there a list of id's for certain emergency light patterns such as led and halogen? plus how would i put the exact color i want?

I would recommend that you import a similar file in your case the ambulance, (like one I am working on, also haha) and look at his hierarchy, see how each part is named so apply it to your model.

Here is a tutorial on how to activate the headlights (if you do not have independent lights, in a part of the video, it shows how to separate an object from the other to make it light)

I hope it helps you, tell me how it turned out, it is a model echo from 0, it will give several problems until it is ready, but nothing impossible haha

20 hours ago, lessien said:

I would recommend that you import a similar file in your case the ambulance, (like one I am working on, also haha) and look at his hierarchy, see how each part is named so apply it to your model.

Here is a tutorial on how to activate the headlights (if you do not have independent lights, in a part of the video, it shows how to separate an object from the other to make it light)

I hope it helps you, tell me how it turned out, it is a model echo from 0, it will give several problems until it is ready, but nothing impossible haha

ok ill check it! but to ask another question is (misc) really needed? 😄

8 hours ago, lessien said:

what do u mean with "misc?"

Well it's certain definitions for organization of functions in the chassis hiarchy I'm not sure what it is exactly or how important it is to gta 5. I saw on someone's toutorial that such things as miscb is not really needed, and on a lore gta model such names like that would be found. Will my model function properly without those?

On 9/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, lessien said:

what do u mean with "misc?"

and also with siren 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 is it possible to duplicate those numbers or are you supposed to just use 4 per z3d file? because the back lightbar needs at least 4 halogens and two orange lights. :)

On 9/26/2018 at 5:35 PM, adam enforcers said:

and also with siren 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 is it possible to duplicate those numbers or are you supposed to just use 4 per z3d file? because the back lightbar needs at least 4 halogens and two orange lights. 🙂

What I have understood and what I learned alone, is that the hierarchy is the typical one that you see importing an original vehicle, that is a constant, and afterwards it depends on each one, I have even named materials like "asdasd" (just for fast test ingame)  that were not necessary for some function in the game, for example some iron bar in a pickup.

that will not cause problems, what if it causes problems is not correctly name the original herarchy of a vehicle.

with respect to the lights, I leave you an image of the original herarchy of the lights of the original ambulance.

vq4nA17.png

I do not know much about non-ELS, I know about ELS. so I hope if there is another partner that will help you better, or post another thread to ask about the system of sirens non-els

oh ok, well i did a test on my model and what i got in open iv was my model textured but the interior is all white. now i did paint everything in blender which i thought would come out in open iv. would i have to texture all the parts like the wheels with photoshop? :)

On 9/29/2018 at 4:23 PM, adam enforcers said:

oh ok, well i did a test on my model and what i got in open iv was my model textured but the interior is all white. now i did paint everything in blender which i thought would come out in open iv. would i have to texture all the parts like the wheels with photoshop? 🙂

If the interior isn't white in zmoddler then your ytd is missing the interior texture. If it is the wrong color/texture in zmoddler then you need to fix the issue in your materials.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:01 PM, Caffeinated said:

If the interior isn't white in zmoddler then your ytd is missing the interior texture. If it is the wrong color/texture in zmoddler then you need to fix the issue in your materials.

that's true the interior front and back in zmodeler 3 is not white only in open iv that is, plus the lightbar and wheels are the same way in openiv. so how would i do that exactly in materials?