Ezra

Recommended handlingIds for your police vehicles

So you downloaded a fancy 2015 Tahoe and installed it in the police3 slot, only to find that it rolls more than your eyes when your boss is talking to you.  Does your Silverado not drive like a truck should? or maybe your '15 Charger doesn't feel right.    There are a lot of options to choose from when deciding which handlingid you want to use for your car.  I've compiled a list of what I use for handling lines, and thus far, all have worked just fine.  For some of them, such as the Silverado and Expedition, someone else might of found a better handling, and if that's the case, please comment below letting me know what you're using and I'll give it a shot. 

Some people like to edit the handling.meta.  This is not a requirement, the handlingid is all you need to touch if you just want the basics.  Handling.meta is there for those who know a bit about modding and want to refine the handling lines to feel realistic.

For those that might be confused on what the handlingid is, it's one of the top lines in the vehicles.meta.

Here's an example:

<handlingId>police3</handlingId>

All of these will be for police vehicles, I will not be covering modded civilian cars.  Also note that this topic really only applies to those who have modded their police fleet.

Crown Vic

• police

Charger

• If 09-10 version, police2 

• If 2013+ version, buffalo2

Taurus, Caprice and Impala 

• police3
  • fugitive (this will make the vehicle feel heavier)

Explorer 

• gresley

Tahoe 

• baller

Expedition

• fbi2

Silverado

• bison (sadler works if you want the truck to feel a little heavier)

Dodge Durango

• gresley

Dodge Challenger

• gauntlet

Ford Mustang

• dominator

Ford Fusion

• tailgater (There is most likely a very better choice out there, I'm just not sure which would work)

BMW motorcycle

• policeb

Ford F-150

• sadler

Ford F-350

• sadler

Chevrolet Corvette

• coquette

Chevrolet Avalanche

• sandking

Chevrolet Camaro

• gauntlet

Nissan GTR

• elegy
Edited by Giordano
Updated 10/28/18

Just now, TheSandwichStealer said:

Question, will this method also work for add on cars?

Yep!  That's one reason why I included the Mustang and Challenger. 🙂

Hey uh, you wouldn't happen to have a recommended handling line for the Chevy Avalanche would you? 😅 It keeps rolling over, I would've stuck with my jeep (which worked perfectly fine) but there is an issue where the jeep is invisible unless you get really close to it. 

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

1 hour ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

Hey uh, you wouldn't happen to have a recommended handling line for the Chevy Avalanche would you? 😅 It keeps rolling over, I would've stuck with my jeep (which worked perfectly fine) but there is an issue where the jeep is invisible unless you get really close to it. 

Since there's not a similar vehicle in the game that I'm aware of, I recommend trying baller, bison and sadler.  Yes, the last two are trucks, but given the size of the Avalanche it may work.  Try those and see which best feels.

17 hours ago, Giordano said:

Since there's not a similar vehicle in the game that I'm aware of, I recommend trying baller, bison and sadler.  Yes, the last two are trucks, but given the size of the Avalanche it may work.  Try those and see which best feels.

The SANDKING hadling line is the one that works, I guess you could add that to the list of recommendations. 

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

For the vehicles that use the handling for police3 (Taurus, Impala, and Caprice) I think they would be better off on police2. I've been doing some testing with the Taurus so far and police3 is just too loose as in the handling is all over the place. The rest of them though I like the feels especially for the Explorers. 

5 minutes ago, acucats said:

For the vehicles that use the handling for police3 (Taurus, Impala, and Caprice) I think they would be better off on police2. I've been doing some testing with the Taurus so far and police3 is just too loose as in the handling is all over the place. The rest of them though I like the feels especially for the Explorers. 

Hm, I think it might vary on the vehicle.  The Taurus is quite a large vehicle, while the Caprice and Impala are a tad smaller.  Does police3 work fine for the latter vehicles?  If so, I'll just add in a small note about the Taurus probably having a better handling as police2.  If possible, I'd really like to know the name of the vehicle in GTA that is supposed to be similar to the Taurus so I can try that, but I'm really not sure which that would be.

1 minute ago, Giordano said:

Hm, I think it might vary on the vehicle.  The Taurus is quite a large vehicle, while the Caprice and Impala are a tad smaller.  Does police3 work fine for the latter vehicles?  If so, I'll just add in a small note about the Taurus probably having a better handling as police2.  If possible, I'd really like to know the name of the vehicle in GTA that is supposed to be similar to the Taurus so I can try that, but I'm really not sure which that would be.

You might be right on the vehicle and it could be I only use K+M because I'm too lazy to deal with switching to my X1 controller. I was doing a sheriff patrol in the Taurus with three and it just felt like I was sliding everywhere lol. The Caprice and Impala's that I did try with police3 were the LAPD based pack and they were touchy too, but it may just be the way I drive. Anytime that I had a Taurus and no Charger's in a pack I usually put it as a police2 slot anyways, so maybe that's why I feel it is so different. I'll keep you up to date on how it feels to me.
I will say though the rest of these handling ID's have probably been the best for me on all of them except that police3 one. It's always my go to place to remember  which handling ID I should use :P.

4 minutes ago, acucats said:

You might be right on the vehicle and it could be I only use K+M because I'm too lazy to deal with switching to my X1 controller. I was doing a sheriff patrol in the Taurus with three and it just felt like I was sliding everywhere lol. The Caprice and Impala's that I did try with police3 were the LAPD based pack and they were touchy too, but it may just be the way I drive. Anytime that I had a Taurus and no Charger's in a pack I usually put it as a police2 slot anyways, so maybe that's why I feel it is so different. I'll keep you up to date on how it feels to me.
I will say though the rest of these handling ID's have probably been the best for me on all of them except that police3 one. It's always my go to place to remember  which handling ID I should use :P.

Ha ha, thanks.  I figured others would find this helpful. 😛  Despise the fact that I drive a Taurus a lot in game, I've never paid too much attention to the handling of it, but I'll hop back in later and see if it's wobbly and what not for me.  I use a controller, and KB/mouse could also be a factor.  I'll let you know what I figure out.

1 hour ago, Giordano said:

Ha ha, thanks.  I figured others would find this helpful. 😛  Despise the fact that I drive a Taurus a lot in game, I've never paid too much attention to the handling of it, but I'll hop back in later and see if it's wobbly and what not for me.  I use a controller, and KB/mouse could also be a factor.  I'll let you know what I figure out.

You're welcome. So I did some testing before I had  some texture issues (don't know what that deal is, I've tried everything. About 30m-hr in I get it - probably going to retexture my vehicles again with only 2k on all of them) and the police2 handling id were better on the vehicle. I guess maybe a note for K+M would do. 

3 hours ago, Walters said:

I would recommend using "FUGITIVE" for Taurus, Caprice and Impala. As POLICE3 still feels a bit tipsy.

I was wondering if fugitive would work or not, but it's hard to find a good balance in handlings.  I've added it, thanks.

23 minutes ago, TheWeirdGuy74 said:

Love this post! Any recommendations for a Camaro ZL1? Maybe the Gauntlet would work for that too? 

Yep, gauntlet works!

I'll add that to the list now.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:26 PM, Giordano said:

I was wondering if fugitive would work or not, but it's hard to find a good balance in handlings.  I've added it, thanks.

Welp thought I had a notification for this thread and I didn't. I am going to try the fugitive handling ID for the taurus etc. slots.

Just now, goldencandy610 said:

Hmm those are all dope and helped so much thanks dude. Also was wondering what line should I use for like an old ass Chevrolet Caprice?

You're welcome.  You can use the fugitive handling for it.  You can also use police3, but fugitive makes it feel like a heavier car.