Nitrocide595

Want to get the mod, also want to retain regular GTA Online

Hey guys, New to the mod (and I mean BRAND new... just heard about it a few hours ago).

My situation is one that I would think is quite common, and I'm still learning the terminology and such on the mod.  I'm looking to play LSPDFR in single player on my own, but I also want to be able to play regular GTA Online without any mods, "by the book", so to speak.  I put a lot of hours into online with friends and I don't want to lose all the digital, worthless junk I've accumulated.  lol

So, in short, is there a way to get this mod for single player, but play online without the system putting a ban on my account for some reason?  That's my only real concern.  

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nitrocide595 said:

Hey guys, New to the mod (and I mean BRAND new... just heard about it a few hours ago).

My situation is one that I would think is quite common, and I'm still learning the terminology and such on the mod.  I'm looking to play LSPDFR in single player on my own, but I also want to be able to play regular GTA Online without any mods, "by the book", so to speak.  I put a lot of hours into online with friends and I don't want to lose all the digital, worthless junk I've accumulated.  lol

So, in short, is there a way to get this mod for single player, but play online without the system putting a ban on my account for some reason?  That's my only real concern.  

Thanks!

LSPDFR is played using RagePluginHook Launcher.

There's no an issue if you want to play GTA Online, since you will launch the game using normal GTA launcher, which won't load LSPDFR.

The other things you should pay attention are the mods (texture, visual, models, sounds), which I recommend you to use "mods" folder, so you can just rename the folder to disable them.

The last thing that needs to be paid attention to is the dll files in the main GTA forlder. If GTA online doesn't like them, you'll need to disable them.

The bullet proof way to do this is by creating 2 GTAV game folders, 1 is a clean original GTA and 1 is for modding/LSPDFR.

You just have to rename the folder name (to valid GTA folder name) that you want to play each time you want to launch them.

Edited by Pazzi

Just now, Pazzi said:

LSPDFR is played using RagePluginHook Launcher.

There's no an issue if you want to play GTA Online, since you will launch the game using normal GTA launcher, which won't load LSPDFR.

The other things you should pay attention are the mods (texture, visual, models, sounds), which I recommend you to use "mods" folder, so you can just rename the folder to disable them.

The last thing that needs to be paid attention to is the dll files in the main GTA forlder. If GTA online doesn't like them, you'll need to disable them.

The bullet proof way to do this is by creating 2 GTAV game folders, 1 is a clean original GTA and 1 is for modding/LSPDFR.

Thanks!  I've been doing some more research thismorning and found "Albo's Way" on youtube.  so far so good!  Just wondering if there's a "lazier way" to rename the folders each time lol