Kestrell

LSPDFR & GTA5 Multiplayer

Hey guys, I was wondering if its possible to play LSPDFR  while still being able to get on multiplayer without any trouble.  I know LSPDFR does need to configure the games files, but it made me stop playing the mod due to the fact I play regular GTA often with my friends.  Before I would just keep installing and uninstalling GTA but again, it's gotten to the point that I don't even bother installing this mod.  I do heavily enjoy playing it, and I hope someone has the answer for this question.  If it is possible, please state how to do so.  Thank you!

If you're talking about playing LSPDFR in multiplayer, that's not possible.

LSPDFR as-is doesn't modify any game files, and only loads when you use RAGEPluginHook.exe. Provided you don't run RAGE, you should have no problem using online.

I've found in the past loading online via steam with LSPDFR and  RAGE installed it would kick me, note I wasn't running RAGE when kicked.  Recently I reinstalled LSPDFR and RAGE and the first time I loaded the game, via steam, I was banned.  Now I'm not sure if I was banned for having a modded version of the game or if I was just unlucky and got caught up in the recent ban wave, but I've now deleted LSPDFR and RAGE and reinstalled GTAV via steam.  

I'd love the ability to play both online and LSPDFR but the only way I can see that happening is if I have 2 different versions of GTAV.

13 hours ago, irsa76 said:

I've found in the past loading online via steam with LSPDFR and  RAGE installed it would kick me, note I wasn't running RAGE when kicked.  Recently I reinstalled LSPDFR and RAGE and the first time I loaded the game, via steam, I was banned.  Now I'm not sure if I was banned for having a modded version of the game or if I was just unlucky and got caught up in the recent ban wave, but I've now deleted LSPDFR and RAGE and reinstalled GTAV via steam.  

I'd love the ability to play both online and LSPDFR but the only way I can see that happening is if I have 2 different versions of GTAV.

In that case, GTA Online will also check and verify the contents of your GTA folder & sub folders. There's no other way than to make 2 GTA folders. 1 is clean original and the other is for modding/LSPDFR.

6 hours ago, irsa76 said:

Ok, thanks for that.  I'll have to figure out how to do that then.

the simplest way is just renaming those folders to valid GTA folder name each time you want to switch.