Jump to content
Bot Lelele

Huge FPS drop and high CPU usage

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have experienced huge FPS drop for the past few months.

I have i5-7400, gtx1060, 8gb ram.

 

Without lspdfr i can easily have 80 to 100 fps on high setting.

With lspdfr and vscyn i can have 60 fps with a few drop when chasing or accepting calls. So i locked my fps to 50 to have a consistent experience.

 

I know that some of plugins keep running in the background and can cause fps so i tried to use lite version plugins and only a few others.

And i found out Albo's plugins can cause huge fps drop on my PC.

His plugins are so great and essential, but i have to give up most of his plugins and keep lspdfr+ only to gain more fps.

But now, i experiencing very frequent fps drop from 50 to 40 with only a few plugins installed.

 

Also, with the sudden fps drop, the game is nearly unplayable.

Besides, i almost get 100% CPU usage all the time, and around 50% GPU usage.

Is that CPU bottleneck? Should i upgrade to i7-7700?

 

 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a video on youtube says to take dual channel ram can help with fps on gta  v. So I bought another 8gb ram to make the use of dual slots. It actually improves the performance quite a bit. I now have a stable 60 FPS with rare drop to 50 in some city area. Im still considering upgrade to i7 7700 since i want to use more plugins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give up. As i mentioned, i kept having 100% CPU usage when i play so i thought the CPU must be the bottleneck. I just replaced it with an i7 7700, only slightly improvement i can see.

 

My conclusion is, it has nothing to do with the hardware. I have to say its the LSPDFR and the plugins optimization issue. I hope the developers can improve the performance, or the game is just unplayable.

 

With the specs i have, i do not understand why i cannot have consistent 60 FPS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bot Lelele said:

I give up. As i mentioned, i kept having 100% CPU usage when i play so i thought the CPU must be the bottleneck. I just replaced it with an i7 7700, only slightly improvement i can see.

 

My conclusion is, it has nothing to do with the hardware. I have to say its the LSPDFR and the plugins optimization issue. I hope the developers can improve the performance, or the game is just unplayable.

 

With the specs i have, i do not understand why i cannot have consistent 60 FPS. 

 

I'd just like to point out that base LSPDFR has zero FPS issues.  The problem lies with all the extra plugins.  It truly sucks, but you have to choose between having high FPS or having variety with a ton of callouts and other mods.  I'm almost positive if you temporarily removed all LSPDFR callouts and other LPSDFR dependent plugins, you'd see a huge FPS boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree with you. The base LSPDFR does not impact the performance a lot. I could get stable 60 FPS the majority of time. But plugins made LSPDFR more enjoyable. I am aware that plugins can cause huge FPS and i try to use only a few of them. But some of them are essential but can be really bad for performance. For example, Albo's plugins are very essential and give us a lot of fun, but they do cause huge FPS. No matter what other plugins i have, once i install his plugins i cannot get 60 FPS. That has been complained many times in the forum. But with all the efforts he has done to improve performance, i kind believe it is unavoidable. Maybe the developers of some essential plugins can work together with LSPDFR's developers to have those functions integrated into LSPDFR. That may solve the problem.

9 hours ago, Giordano said:

 

I'd just like to point out that base LSPDFR has zero FPS issues.  The problem lies with all the extra plugins.  It truly sucks, but you have to choose between having high FPS or having variety with a ton of callouts and other mods.  I'm almost positive if you temporarily removed all LSPDFR callouts and other LPSDFR dependent plugins, you'd see a huge FPS boost.

Edited by Bot Lelele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Giordano said:

 

I'd just like to point out that base LSPDFR has zero FPS issues.  The problem lies with all the extra plugins.  It truly sucks, but you have to choose between having high FPS or having variety with a ton of callouts and other mods.  I'm almost positive if you temporarily removed all LSPDFR callouts and other LPSDFR dependent plugins, you'd see a huge FPS boost.

 

27 minutes ago, Bot Lelele said:

I agree with you. The base LSPDFR does not impact the performance a lot. I could get stable 60 FPS the majority of time. But plugins made LSPDFR more enjoyable. I am aware that plugins can cause huge FPS and i try to use only a few of them. But some of them are essential but can be really bad for performance. For example, Albo's plugins are very essential and give us a lot of fun, but they do cause huge FPS. No matter what other plugins i have, once i install his plugins i cannot get 60 FPS. That has been complained many times in the forum. But with all the efforts he has done to improve performance, i kind believe it is unavoidable. Maybe the developers of some essential plugins can work together with LSPDFR's developers to have those functions integrated into LSPDFR. That may solve the problem.

 

I'm wondering if Albo was aware of this issue. He is very helpful guy. I know he doesn't check LSPDFR.com forum or private msg very often.

Perhaps some of you can join his discord and ask about this issue?

 

I wish he can improve that... or if he can't, perhaps some other developer might create a "replacement" plugin, especially the "Arrest Manager" which always drop 10-20 fps of my game.

 

Edited by Pazzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pazzi said:

 

 

I'm wondering if Albo was aware of this issue. He is very helpful guy. I know he doesn't check LSPDFR.com forum or private msg very often.

Perhaps some of you can join his discord and ask about this issue?

 

I wish he can improve that... or if he can't, perhaps some other developer might create a "replacement" plugin, especially the "Arrest Manager" which always drop 10-20 fps of my game.

 

There have been a few topics about his plugins causing fps drop. I believe he updated his plugins earlier this year for performance improvement, but nothing changed in my game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing has changed in my game either it all went to sh*t a few months back use to actually play just fine now its massive lag and frame drops hope the new version of LSPDFR fixes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, OfficerFirefirst said:

nothing has changed in my game either it all went to sh*t a few months back use to actually play just fine now its massive lag and frame drops hope the new version of LSPDFR fixes this

Well, I have to say its not LSPDFR, its more like the plugin optimization. But I wish  LSPDFR developers can work with plugin developers or they can just integrate more functions into LSPDFR so we dont need extra plugins and that may improve overall performance.

 

 

Edited by Bot Lelele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, Bot Lelele said:

Well, I have to say its not LSPDFR, its more like the plugin optimization. But I wish  LSPDFR developers can work with plugin developers or they can just integrate more functions into LSPDFR so we dont need extra plugins and that may improve overall performance.

 

 

its only albo's plugins i can run the game easy 100fps without his plugins installed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 12:02 PM, OfficerFirefirst said:

its only albo's plugins i can run the game easy 100fps without his plugins installed

I feel the same. But his plugins are essential. What fps do you get with all plugins installed? Try to remove arrest manager, i found that damage my performance a lot. You may also want to take off assorted callouts if you lag when you take the call from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bot Lelele said:

I feel the same. But his plugins are essential. What fps do you get with all plugins installed? Try to remove arrest manager, i found that damage my performance a lot. You may also want to take off assorted callouts if you lag when you take the call from it.

 

With all mods, including Albo's, I get 30fps.  I'm pretty sure if you remove AM, his other mods won't work either.  They depend on each other.

 

I'm doing an experiment myself right now to see if his plugins are the reason I get such low fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giordano said:

 

With all mods, including Albo's, I get 30fps.  I'm pretty sure if you remove AM, his other mods won't work either.  They depend on each other.

 

I'm doing an experiment myself right now to see if his plugins are the reason I get such low fps.

If you use all his other mods especially smart radio, you may receive error message about lacking AM, but you will be fine without it. It will not crash his other mods or lspdfr. If you want to know how exact fps AM costs you, turn on fps counter in steam and test the game with lspdfr only and vsync off. Then, you install AM only and run the game again see how many fps you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, it's been a long time. I didn't really have time to play lspdfr in the past two months as I moved to another country.

 

But the good news is, I think I found the reason caused my fps drop. 

 

After the new update of GTA V, I did a clean install of both GTA and lspdfr. And I got a huge fps drop as I had before.

 

However, after I deleted the mod folder and ELS, I now get stable 60 fps(with Albo's plugins).

 

There are many reasons can explain that. It can be the conflicts between Albo's plugins and ELS or Script Hook V. Or it can be the vehicle mod is good big for my setup to handle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×