shencereys

Which, if any, of Darkmyre's mods do you guys consider essential?

In addition to the excellent mods on this site by very talented individuals, I'm sure many of you are aware of other mods like Search Warrant and the like, which all can be found on Darkmyre's site.  While I'm not sure the reason for a whole separate site from LSPDFR or what caused this, I know a lot of mods (on here, even) reference darkmyre's work and mention integration with them, which is really neat.

And while I like his mods, (they've got a very slick ui; great information density and layout relevance consistency) I've noticed they don't always play super nice with other mods from here.  A lot of them duplicate functions.  While this is okay, since you can remap keys as you like and just use whichever mod's function you prefer, I have noticed certain mods tend to cause more instability when combined with others. 

Specifically, I've noticed Agency Callouts, Patrol Toolkit, and lspdfr comes alive  -all very enjoyable and well-made mods- seem to lead to some level of instability (usually Lspdfr crashes) in when I combine them with mods on this site.  It's not great instability, but it is mildly irritating.  I'd like to avoid this.

Bearing all that in mind, I'd like to get my lspdfr working stably, but don't want to miss out on the best work from Darkmyre if I don't have to.  Which ones do you use, if any?  Can you think of which commonly used mods those might conflict with, or duplicate?  

Ever since he switched to his own website and forced me to make an account there if I want to try his mods, none of them. I would consider exactly 0 of them essential. I used to like to use Agency Callouts and wanted to try MVGA, but there are alternatives to his mods that don't make it worth my time to make a new account on his website. The callout packs on this website replace Agency Callouts, NaturalVision Remastered looks better than MVGA, and PoliceSearch is an alternative to Search Warrant. 

56 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Ever since he switched to his own website and forced me to make an account there if I want to try his mods, none of them. I would consider exactly 0 of them essential. I used to like to use Agency Callouts and wanted to try MVGA, but there are alternatives to his mods that don't make it worth my time to make a new account on his website. The callout packs on this website replace Agency Callouts, NaturalVision Remastered looks better than MVGA, and PoliceSearch is an alternative to Search Warrant. 

No callout packs on this site have the welfare check callout, and there aren't any K9 mods that allow the detection of explosives. You also can't really search the bed of a pickup truck  with Police Search.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, theninja35 said:

24 minutes ago, Westcoaster said:

No callout packs on this site have the welfare check callout, and there aren't any K9 mods that allow the detection of explosives. You also can't really search the bed of a pickup truck  with Police Search.

Thanks for the responses so far.

I respect your opinion theninja35's, and I think it's good to know I have the option of having a perfectly good time with lspdfr without them and I totally may try that, but for now at least, I think I kinda agree with Westcoaster; I find Darkmyre's mods actually pretty great, whatever drama caused him to create his own website (and apparently piss people off) notwithstanding.  That was before my time so my steak isn't so salty.

I would appreciate tips on which ones perform best and play nice with other mods, (and hopefully ones that tie in with the Court System from albo's mods, if any), since I am trying to slash the amount of plugins I'm running to mitigate plugin crashes and fps drops.

Edited by shencereys
i a word

15 hours ago, shencereys said:

In addition to the excellent mods on this site by very talented individuals, I'm sure many of you are aware of other mods like Search Warrant and the like, which all can be found on Darkmyre's site.  While I'm not sure the reason for a whole separate site from LSPDFR or what caused this, I know a lot of mods (on here, even) reference darkmyre's work and mention integration with them, which is really neat.

And while I like his mods, (they've got a very slick ui; great information density and layout relevance consistency) I've noticed they don't always play super nice with other mods from here.  A lot of them duplicate functions.  While this is okay, since you can remap keys as you like and just use whichever mod's function you prefer, I have noticed certain mods tend to cause more instability when combined with others. 

Specifically, I've noticed Agency Callouts, Patrol Toolkit, and lspdfr comes alive  -all very enjoyable and well-made mods- seem to lead to some level of instability (usually Lspdfr crashes) in when I combine them with mods on this site.  It's not great instability, but it is mildly irritating.  I'd like to avoid this.

Bearing all that in mind, I'd like to get my lspdfr working stably, but don't want to miss out on the best work from Darkmyre if I don't have to.  Which ones do you use, if any?  Can you think of which commonly used mods those might conflict with, or duplicate?  

All of them

I second TheNinja's take, but at the same time, his mods are pretty good.  Police Search doesn't even work now (File page says so, and it didn't work for me), and his callouts are enjoyable.  Worthy of registering on another site?  No, unless you really, really, really want all callout packs out there.