Posted (edited)

Introducing...

Sergeant by Razorwings18

The idea behind Sergeant is to provide functionalities that give the player more 'middle management' command over the world (hence its name).

At the time, Sergeant offers two functionalities. The first is being able to give commands to individual vehicles, thereby having the power to truly manage traffic:

The second one gives players the "Secure Scene" order. Don't you just hate it when you've just had a huge firefight, have suspects, dead bodies and pools of blood everywhere... and all other cops make like a tree and f**k off, leaving you all alone to deal with the mess? Not anymore.

Once you are code 4 (say, you've just finished cuffing your suspects and have a couple of bodies lying around), you can give the order to secure the scene.

All traffic in the surrounding area will immediately stop. Any cop in the vicinity will either tend to the bodies, guard suspects, or roam the area doing stuff. If there are no cops, or not enough, you can always call for backup as you normally would, and any cop arriving at the scene will get an assignment (unless there are already enough cops assigned - you won't have 100 cops around just for 1 suspect).

Once you have set up your cones and barriers (like with Traffic Policer), you can order all traffic to move again while the "scene" is still in place.

This mod uses the Community Contextual Menu API (https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/community-contextual-menu-api), so ScriptHookV and ScriptHookV .NET are also a requirement.

I've had the script ready for a while and have been playing with it for days, and it's really a whole new experience. I just need to find the time to build the package and release it.

Edited by rw18

This is amazing. I've always been so frustrated with everyone just leaving the scene after an incident, really takes away the immersion. Can't wait to try it out!

Does this work if I call backup with Custombackup mod instead of the lspdfr vanilla one? Waiting anxiously for its release

I'm not privy to the internals of Custom Backup, but it *should* work. Sergeant will basically detect any pedestrian whose relationship group is "cop" and take ownership temporarily until the Secure Scene order is terminated; then that character will be released back to LSPDFR's control.

Since I see no reason for Custom Backup NOT to assign backup to the "cop" relationship group, there should be no issue, but until it's actually tested, don't quote me on that.

Posted (edited)

This one sounds so neat. I’m a sergeant, and every time I go Code 4 and I have to clear an incident scene, there are cars passing by that don’t give a shit, my colleagues leave me alone and I’m the only turd standing there. This mod is really what I need!

What are the progresses by the way?

Edited by badass22

Posted (edited)

I thought it was already available for download. I came across it in the download section and now its gone. What happened?

Edited by MozartinNL

On 5/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, MozartinNL said:

I thought it was already available for download. I came across it in the download section and now its gone. What happened?

Nothing happened, it's still there

I've just uploaded 0.7 and it's now undergoing approval. It fixes almost all previously known issues, and has a couple of new features that make securing a scene much more immersive and make your partners more useful.

What's New in Version 0.7

- FEATURE: Cops will now get scene assignments even if they are in a vehicle (they'll stop and get out)

- FEATURE: When securing a scene, roaming cops will be reassigned to any new corpse/arrestee that is detected
- FIX: Cops now respond to hostilities while securing a scene if attacker is inside the scene radius
- FIX: Cops now correctly face corpses
- FIX: (hopefully) When on/under bridges/trees/slopes, cops securing a scene no longer go to the wrong "height" or start continuously falling or getting swollen by the ground.

Is Community Contextual Menu  needed if all you want this for is for cops to stay on scene until you release them and have no need for the move vehicles?

Yes, it's a requirement for the mod, and you need its functionality to declare the scene.