BlaineBug

What do I have to edit to change vehicle color?

Hello,

I have about 50 custom vehicle models added for emergency vehicles.  I used all of the vanilla GTAV slots and then I went above and beyond, I have Police-Police10, CHP-CHP13, Sheriff-Sheriff9, etc.  Everything works great.

I have an LAPD skinned charger in the POLICE2 slot.  This car always spawns ALL WHITE.  It appears to me as if the livery/texture is only for the roof and doors.  I can go in to the trainer and change the color of the vehicle to BLACK and then it will be correct as a BLACK and WHITE.  What do I have to edit in order to change the car to always spawn as black instead of white?

This is the only model I am having issues with.  I believe the rest of the models that I have use a livery/texture that covers the entire vehicle model, not just the roof and doors.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

Hello,

I have about 50 custom vehicle models added for emergency vehicles.  I used all of the vanilla GTAV slots and then I went above and beyond, I have Police-Police10, CHP-CHP13, Sheriff-Sheriff9, etc.  Everything works great.

I have an LAPD skinned charger in the POLICE2 slot.  This car always spawns ALL WHITE.  It appears to me as if the livery/texture is only for the roof and doors.  I can go in to the trainer and change the color of the vehicle to BLACK and then it will be correct as a BLACK and WHITE.  What do I have to edit in order to change the car to always spawn as black instead of white?

This is the only model I am having issues with.  I believe the rest of the models that I have use a livery/texture that covers the entire vehicle model, not just the roof and doors.

Thanks!

Carvariations control the color a vehicle spawns.  Here's a list of color codes - http://imgur.com/a/F4Ptk

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Giordano said:

Carvariations control the color a vehicle spawns.  Here's a list of color codes - http://imgur.com/a/F4Ptk

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

Thank you, I have corrected this, and it now spawns great.  I found the default carvariations for vanilla GTAV and edited the first "color" hex code for POLICE2 and now it spawns with proper black/white livery.

However, I am having issues - I installed Albo's Mod Pack.  I have unmarked car in Police 1, Police 5, and Police 6.  I tried changing their hex codes for colors as well in their own carvariations slots and all 3 of these cars still spawn in WHITE only.  Once again, changing color in trainer works but not when they spawn as backup in game, they are always white.

What am I doing wrong for these add-on cars?

Secondly, is there any way to choose more than ONE color for a car to randomly spawn in with?  Say I wanted these unmarked cars to spawn in black, silver, midnight blue, etc.......on a random basis?

Edited by BlaineBug

33 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

Thank you, I have corrected this, and it now spawns great.  I found the default carvariations for vanilla GTAV and edited the first "color" hex code for POLICE2 and now it spawns with proper black/white livery.

However, I am having issues - I installed Albo's Mod Pack.  I have unmarked car in Police 1, Police 5, and Police 6.  I tried changing their hex codes for colors as well in their own carvariations slots and all 3 of these cars still spawn in WHITE only.  Once again, changing color in trainer works but not when they spawn as backup in game, they are always white.

What am I doing wrong for these add-on cars?

Secondly, is there any way to choose more than ONE color for a car to randomly spawn in with?  Say I wanted these unmarked cars to spawn in black, silver, midnight blue, etc.......on a random basis?

Try and change the second set of numbers. It always works for my unmarked vehicles. I want them to spawn as gray. 

21 minutes ago, Kalleboston said:

Try and change the second set of numbers. It always works for my unmarked vehicles. I want them to spawn as gray. 

Will do.  Any idea what the first set is for?

Still not working.  Changed the second set of numbers.  Always spawns in white.

When you set an add-on vehicle to gray, are you making the first set and second set of numbers identical?

3 hours ago, BlaineBug said:

Still not working.  Changed the second set of numbers.  Always spawns in white.

When you set an add-on vehicle to gray, are you making the first set and second set of numbers identical?

I don’t remember the exact codes but it looks like this:

If I recall correctly the first two are the body color and the two others are for something else I don’t care about :)

10 minutes ago, Kalleboston said:

I don’t remember the exact codes but it looks like this:

If I recall correctly the first two are the body color and the two others are for something else I don’t care about :)

Maybe it's primary color and secondary color.  Either way, I made them identical for my unmarked cruisers and they still spawn white unless changed with trainer.

I am doing the very first two lines.  I notice that there are MANY <items> for the colors for every single particular vehicle model.  Maybe this is the issue?  Does this pertain to multiple liveries or something?  So you could have a car spawn randomly with different colors?  I really don't know.

I switched the color for POLICE2 and that works great but that's the only car I have been able to successfully change the color of for the purpose of spawning in the correct body color.

8 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

Maybe it's primary color and secondary color.  Either way, I made them identical for my unmarked cruisers and they still spawn white unless changed with trainer.

I am doing the very first two lines.  I notice that there are MANY <items> for the colors for every single particular vehicle model.  Maybe this is the issue?  Does this pertain to multiple liveries or something?  So you could have a car spawn randomly with different colors?  I really don't know.

I switched the color for POLICE2 and that works great but that's the only car I have been able to successfully change the color of for the purpose of spawning in the correct body color.

You should change the second set of numbers. Not the first set. 

And by set I mean the four lines of numbers. 

That works for me. 

Now you are confusing me.

Here is my carvariations for POLICE1 which is unmarked.

<Item>
      <modelName>police1</modelName>
      <colors>
        <Item>
          <indices content="char_array">
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
      </colors>
      <kits>
        <Item>157_massacaro2_modkit</Item>
      </kits>
      <windowsWithExposedEdges />
      <plateProbabilities>
        <Probabilities />
      </plateProbabilities>
      <lightSettings value="1" />
      <sirenSettings value="1" />
    </Item>

Your suggestion worked beautifully.  Although I did see a Crown Victoria spawn in white.  I think all of the different categories can be set to different colors and then the car will randomly spawn all of the colors that you set.  Perhaps so as long as the vehicle has the "has_liveries" tag in the vehicles.meta file?