To the LSPDFR community, those who like/use my mods, and everyone else.

By now I'm sure most if not all of you have heard of the closing of the beloved OpenIV. For those of you who haven't I'll post a link after this. I've spent some of my day reading through the stories relating to the issue, read through may of the responses, signed petitions, etc. It's a sad site for many of us to see OpenIV close, and while we ALL have many questions, comments, and absolute concerns, I thought I would express my stance on the issue and what you can expect from me from this moment forward.

First off, like many of you I am sadden to see the tool and the DEV team close their doors. I remember back in the day when I started out with IV, SparkIV was my go to tool because I finally switched over to the much better OpenIV. That's when I really started getting into modeling and stuff like that, I remember my first download on here was a Dallas emergency services skin set I did for some models. After that I finally managed to finish my first model and get it working for IV. The rest as they say is history. OpenIV for many of us has been a tool that brought us into the spot light within this community, it allowed for many great mods to come from many great dev's. For that we will always be grateful of the time/effort put into the tool.

So with that, I'll explain where I stand. I know that there has been talk of legal action against those who continue to "mod" for V, however I believe this community is far too big for them to issue any kind of legal action against everyone. I understand that many dev's are closing operations within V, I for one will now. This community is amazing and so are the people who visit here. For many of us it has been the birth place of our craft. So I do not intend on quitting the community. I understand that there has been word about a update that will change all of V's modding capabilities, until that is done and it is quite literally impossible for me to continue, I will still bring forth the models I am now. I will also continue to update those that I've released. A lot about this new's is still up in the air, there hasn't been any comment from T2 or R* explaining the situation or what exactly they want. Until then I'll treat it as just another bump in the road that I won't slow down for.

To the modders and dev's who are closing shop. I urge you not to give up on your hobby, yourself, this community, and the people who enjoy your stuff. There is still so much more that can be done and still so much that has not been discovered. 

I wish everyone the best of luck on their future endeavors and I hope for the best of this situation!

Thanks and much love,

Downcoldkiller - D-Town Productions 

News story (one of many)

Petition to keep OpenIV

5934c6c21adcc_D-TownProductionsBanner.png.e635f4daaf63406b15a006036cfaa4e4.png

--PM RULES--
--Do not--
  • Ask about Non-Els
  • Ask about time frames for model release
  • Ask me to beta test my models
  • Request's

--Do--

• Report bugs or other issues
  • Report credit issues
  • Ask other simple non-request questions

I do not intend on quitting the community. I understand that there has been word about a update that will change all of V's modding capabilities, until that is done and it is quite literally impossible for me to continue, I will still bring forth the models I am now. I will also continue to update those that I've released

I think everyone needs to read and heed this statement. As a programmer, I find it incredibly difficult to believe R* would redesign the internal workings of their game (IE: remove YTF files for something else). Not to say it couldn't happen, it very well could, however, it would require an incredible amount of time and money. I'm not going to write a wall of text to elaborate more on the principles of programming and business management, so I'll keep it short. Before R* would even begin changing files around they have to ask "is the net loss worth the net gain". If they spend the time and resources changing files around do they stand to make enough money to justify that change and frankly I don't think they will. However, this is all theory crafting, until something is stated from them we should carry on with business as usual. 

11 hours ago, MrAnarchy said:

I think everyone needs to read and heed this statement. As a programmer, I find it incredibly difficult to believe R* would redesign the internal workings of their game (IE: remove YTF files for something else). Not to say it couldn't happen, it very well could, however, it would require an incredible amount of time and money. I'm not going to write a wall of text to elaborate more on the principles of programming and business management, so I'll keep it short. Before R* would even begin changing files around they have to ask "is the net loss worth the net gain". If they spend the time and resources changing files around do they stand to make enough money to justify that change and frankly I don't think they will. However, this is all theory crafting, until something is stated from them we should carry on with business as usual. 

I absolutely agree with you, that's why I stated until anything is done to make it impossible I have no intentions of stopping/ending any current projects

--PM RULES--
--Do not--
  • Ask about Non-Els
  • Ask about time frames for model release
  • Ask me to beta test my models
  • Request's

--Do--

• Report bugs or other issues
  • Report credit issues
  • Ask other simple non-request questions

I would love to stand strong with everyone. I have unfortunately lost my openIV and well, as we know, can't redownload. 

I am always open for suggestions and if enough resource images can be found, you can very well see it in your game. 

I am always accepting donations of any size. Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions.

FIGHT FOR OPENIV, VIVA LA RESISTAMCE!

mybannersmall.png