Sign in to follow this  
K9Alex

Listen to music while in a police car ?

Hello,

I saw videos on youtube, some people are able to listen music (Independance FM) while patroling with their police cruisers. How can I do so ?

Thank you,

K9Alex

There is a way..you have to trick the game into thinking its not a cop car but still act like one. You need to go into your vehicle.ide (open in notepad, located in GTAIV or EFLC folders in programfiles (x86) rockstar games common) and find your cop car(s), should be a line like "police, police, car, POLICE, POLICE, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_RI1, 100, 999, 0.2345, 0.2345, 0.2,2, 1.0 ,1, ext_requi+ext_strong+livery"

Change the red to any other civillan vehicle like TAXI or something, this will enable all radio stations in the vehicle

Edited by Asuna

it says file is set to read only and if i save it i have to save it under a diffrent name and it looks diffrent can you help me

Just save the file to desktop without overwriting the original and untick the read only part, then your done, it does that to me sometimes.

EDIT: also, what i would recommend is backing up the original instead of dragging edited one over the original label it "ORIGINAL VEHICLES.IDE DO NOT DELETE" in a new file folder, that's what i did to keep all my mods organized and with all my backups.

Edited by Slimory

There is a way..you have to trick the game into thinking its not a cop car but still act like one. You need to go into your vehicle.ide (open in notepad, located in GTAIV or EFLC folders in programfiles (x86) rockstar games common) and find your cop car(s), should be a line like "police, police, car, POLICE, POLICE, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_RI1, 100, 999, 0.2345, 0.2345, 0.2,2, 1.0 ,1, ext_requi+ext_strong+livery"

Change the red to any other civillan vehicle like TAXI or something, this will enable all radio stations in the vehicle

Cool Tip

If you're using SNT you can enable mobile radio.

SNT never worked for me with the radio, so i just put out the way i know by heart