Sign in to follow this  
JamesCraftStudios

ENB Error/How To Install?

Hey guys, so I have a few things I would like to talk about.

First of all, this is how I install my ENB's, tell me if I am doing something wrong:

1. Open RAR file and drag and drop all of the contents of the file into my GTA main directory.

2. Run GTA.

So, after I do that, I go in-game and everything is extremely bright. I lower all of my brightness settings and stuff down to the minimum. Still, nothing happens. I think I need to change something in the .ini file or something like that. I have no clue how to do that. If anyone knows the problem, please tell me. I am very new to using ENB's. I think I installed it correctly because when I run it, it says the ENB information on the top left.

Thanks ~James

EDIT: If you need me to take some pictures, I can do that.

Edited by JamesCraftStudios

If you have EFLC, you need to copy the contents of the rar to EFLC/TBoGT or EFLC/TLAD aswell, for it to work.

If you have EFLC, you need to copy the contents of the rar to EFLC/TBoGT or EFLC/TLAD aswell, for it to work.

I don't have EFLC. Just plain GTA 4. A bunch of other mods but yeah.

Open the rar and read the readme. Every ENB is different, so you have the best chances of getting it to work by reading the installation instructions by the author.

Open the rar and read the readme. Every ENB is different, so you have the best chances of getting it to work by reading the installation instructions by the author.

In the ENB that I want, this is all of the instructions in the readme:

Instructions :

1.Put the Files into Grand Theft Auto IV

2.Replace all files

Btw, do you know anything about editing the .ini file? I saw some brightness settings in there but idk what to do.

Nah, I'm not good with ENB. Make sure you actually replaced the timecyc.dat and visualsettings.dat

Nah, I'm not good with ENB. Make sure you actually replaced the timecyc.dat and visualsettings.dat

There is no visualsettings.dat file in this. If that is a problem, can you please help me find a good ENB that works and doesn't make me lag too much? MY specs are:

Intel

Sorry man, I don't really have time. I suggest you go to gta4-mods.com and browse around a bit in the Miscellaneous section until you find something you like.

Sorry man, I don't really have time. I suggest you go to gta4-mods.com and browse around a bit in the Miscellaneous section until you find something you like.

Got one to work. Thanks for all of your help man! Much appreciated.

By the way, do you happen to knew a good handling mod? Like something that makes my handling and breaks and stuff for the cars more realistic