Here in Australia, most states have police vehicles equipped with speed radars that can be operated while mobile and monitor traffic heading in both directions, which this plugin attempts to emulate. The plugin is almost ready for release, and adds a speed radar to the game with the following features:

• Ability to set target speed in mph or KM/h. Initial target speed set via INI, can be adjusted on the fly in-game.
  • While active, passively checks the speeds of vehicles in front and to the rear of the patrol car.
  • Any vehicle detected travelling over the target speed is blipped for 15 seconds (can be toggled off via INI for those that hate blips). A notification advises the operator of the model and license plate, and identifies which radar detected the vehicle.
  • Also blips/notifies on stolen vehicles. As this plugin is separate from LSPDFR, it does not alert on any other vehicle/driver flags raised by LSPDFR - there's plenty of other excellent plugins that already do that. Can be toggled off via the INI.

Hoping to release this in the next day or two, just working on a few final tweaks and doing some last minute testing to make sure there aren't any bugs.

this is a great idea i seen a post for one like this a while back but the author stopped the project glad to see some1 has the talent to make it come to life ..cant wait for this mod

Rushlink started on one and it looked real good, but abandoned the project.

Would love to see some screens of it in game if you have any.

Thanks for releasing. Would still love to see some screens as I'm not able to play GTA until tomorrow!

There isn't much to show with screenshots, its not a fully graphical GUI like the other one that never got released (mostly cause I have very little in the way of graphical skills lol). I'll attach below the screenshot I used for the download thumbnail though, which should give a pretty good idea of the blipping and notification format. (The speedo isn't part of my plugin)

2016-02-11_00001.jpg

Edited by Darkmyre

Thank you. I got a chance to test it out and it works good. However, I tried changing it to imperial in the .ini and it's still showing up with the metric system. Any ideas?