HBengtson

Vehicle detail distance?

Does anyone know how to increase the distance at which vehicle details load? I'm sick of see staniers instead of my CVPI's from far away. My view distance settings are cranked by the way.

5 minutes ago, OfficerSunsetShimmer said:

If it looks like a stock from a distance and becomes a modded vehicle when you can view it, It's much likely the LODs

Any idea how to increase that...I'm an idiot :)

I'm not expert but I believe you need to open it up in zmodeler. You'll have to ask someone though since I'm not experienced with converting or creating vehicles.

3 minutes ago, OfficerSunsetShimmer said:

I'm not expert but I believe you need to open it up in zmodeler. You'll have to ask someone though since I'm not experienced with converting or creating vehicles.

Okay, I'll look into it. Thanks for the help!

The vehicles you're using have no LOD models (lack of a [modelname]_hi.yft or [modelname]+hi.ytd). Adding one of these by copying a [modelname].yft or [modelname].ytd and renaming it may fix the problem. Otherwise, I'm looking for the same solution.

It is because who ever made the model did not properly make all of the LODs. That is a problem in itself but it could be fixed if you know zModeler3 and have an unlocked version of the car.

If you don't have one of those however, you could go into the vehicles.meta and find the car slot which this is happening to and change a few numbers.

<lodDistances content="float_array">
      </lodDistances>

I haven't messed around with these but it seems pretty self explanatory. I assume the 20 is how far for LOD0, 35 for LOD1, and so on.

Although it might work, I would not suggest doing this because if you make it so that you see LOD0 from very far then your game might lag from loading all those details, especially if there are multiple of the same car in the area.

33 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

It is because who ever made the model did not properly make all of the LODs. That is a problem in itself but it could be fixed if you know zModeler3 and have an unlocked version of the car.

If you don't have one of those however, you could go into the vehicles.meta and find the car slot which this is happening to and change a few numbers.

<lodDistances content="float_array">
      </lodDistances>

I haven't messed around with these but it seems pretty self explanatory. I assume the 20 is how far for LOD0, 35 for LOD1, and so on.

Although it might work, I would not suggest doing this because if you make it so that you see LOD0 from very far then your game might lag from loading all those details, especially if there are multiple of the same car in the area.

I tried changing the LODs but it caused my game to crash. Thanks for the help though