0.3 API Feedback

Stealth22

So @LMS, the new additions to the API are awesome. I'm still working on the next version of my callouts, but I had a quick question.

Now that we have the ability to set the owner of a vehicle, I was trying to change the vehicles on my Police Impersonator callout. Rather than using civilian Staniers and Buffalos, I made it random between Police4, FBI, and FBI2. That way, the suspect looks like he actually outfitted his own vehicle with lights and sirens.

It worked, cause when I ran the plate, it came back as registered to him. (@Albo1125, I was not able to run the plates with Police Radio, but that may have just been a one off)

However, I was not able to blip the vehicle at all. This happened with both the unmarked Stanier and FBI Granger.

Are emergency vehicles excluded from the blip functionality, or was my GTA V just being stupid?

If I think of any more questions, I'll be sure to add them to this thread.

Thanks!

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

The police radio plate check doesn't function properly on police vehicles (yet) so I've blocked it from happening - I can add support in the next release if you wish.

And yes indeed, Police vehicles cannot be pulled over.

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

6 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

The police radio plate check doesn't function properly on police vehicles (yet) so I've blocked it from happening - I can add support in the next release if you wish.

And yes indeed, Police vehicles cannot be pulled over.

That bites. May have to just trigger a pursuit then...or maybe make the driver pull over if the player turns on their lights or siren. It would be re-inventing the wheel, but it would work.

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

I was affraid that Police vehicles can't  be pulled over, and it seems it is true. I'm gathering nedded info to start working on adding an ambient event / callout with corrupt cop to Arrest Warrant Callout, where cop will be performing random illegal tasks (selling drugs, working in police officer disguise as hired assasin, selling sensitive informations to gangs). I plan to test if player can arrest ped marked as cop (Persona data) and do other things like initiating pursuit, shooting etc. If player somehow will get wanted level or other unwanted things will happen, I can allways mark that ped as non-cop and only give him a look of a cop (by spawning cop-alike ped model) if its possible. But ability to pull over police car would add immersion to this event.

As of now I'm starting tests of new scenario for arrest warrant callout, but next to it that corrupt cop will be on schedeule.

Edit :

I just realized that persona data for cops don't have information about that. So I guess there's only left checking and comparing Entity.Model to known models of cops.

Edited by w35

12 hours ago, w35 said:

I was affraid that Police vehicles can't  be pulled over, and it seems it is true. I'm gathering nedded info to start working on adding an ambient event / callout with corrupt cop to Arrest Warrant Callout, where cop will be performing random illegal tasks (selling drugs, working in police officer disguise as hired assasin, selling sensitive informations to gangs). I plan to test if player can arrest ped marked as cop (Persona data) and do other things like initiating pursuit, shooting etc. If player somehow will get wanted level or other unwanted things will happen, I can allways mark that ped as non-cop and only give him a look of a cop (by spawning cop-alike ped model) if its possible. But ability to pull over police car would add immersion to this event.

As of now I'm starting tests of new scenario for arrest warrant callout, but next to it that corrupt cop will be on schedeule.

Edit :

I just realized that persona data for cops don't have information about that. So I guess there's only left checking and comparing Entity.Model to known models of cops.

You can check the relationship group:

If(ped.RelationShipGroup == "COP") then the ped is a cop. 

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

• 3 weeks later...