Sign in to follow this  
PNWParksFan

How to get location as displayed in dispatch window?

The location of a callout is shown when a callout is dispatched, and is heard over the radio when requesting backup. Is there any way to tie into that system in a plugin? I know you can use PlayScannerAudioUsingPosition to have the radio say the location, but I want to get the location text as shown in the notifications when initiating a callout. I found GetStreetName in the ragepluginhook API, but that's too specific. I want the more general locations, like "Paleto Forest", "Davis", "Los Santos Airport", etc. Any idea how to get that?

On 8/7/2015 at 6:43 AM, alexguirre said:

Looks like I still need the WorldZone :sweat: to get the RealAreaName. I trying to use the native GET_NAME_OF_ZONE but I can't get it to work, For what I need it, it isn't anything crucial so I can remove it if the WorldZone ends up been private

EDIT: now I no longer need the WorldZone, I made that function myself. :smile:

@alexguirre it looks like you accomplished this somehow? Might you be able to share how you did that?

8 hours ago, PNWParksFan said:

The location of a callout is shown when a callout is dispatched, and is heard over the radio when requesting backup. Is there any way to tie into that system in a plugin? I know you can use PlayScannerAudioUsingPosition to have the radio say the location, but I want to get the location text as shown in the notifications when initiating a callout. I found GetStreetName in the ragepluginhook API, but that's too specific. I want the more general locations, like "Paleto Forest", "Davis", "Los Santos Airport", etc. Any idea how to get that?

It seems like they are keeping the WorldZone class since they added Functions.GetZoneAtPosition() that returns a WorldZone. You can use it this way

Spoiler

Vector3 position = Game.LocalPlayer.Character.Position;
            LSPD_First_Response.Engine.Scripting.WorldZone worldZone = Functions.GetZoneAtPosition(position);

//then depending on what you need you can use any of the properties
            worldZone.AudioName;
            worldZone.GameName;
            worldZone.RealAreaName;
            worldZone.County
            worldZone.CallPrefix;
            worldZone.CrimeModifier;

I didn't do it that way because I thought they were going to make it private.