Avokant

Odd ai behavior.

I've been driving around the map after the new launch or 0.3 and I've noticed a lot of abandoned cop cars all over the map with their driver and or passenger door open as if the ai abandoned their vehicles for good. This is happening all over the map. ( I haven't had any pursuits.) 

14530042085521468619216.jpg

I am also having this problem as well, I think it has to do with the new persistence in 0.3, because it has been happening to all vehicles and peds involved in callouts for me. I've also noticed the persistence with backup too, as I've had SWAT units assist me on a pursuit five minutes after calling them to assist on another callout that was on a completely different side of the map, which is neat, but also kind of a pain lol.

5 hours ago, Policefreak55 said:

I am also having this problem as well, I think it has to do with the new persistence in 0.3, because it has been happening to all vehicles and peds involved in callouts for me. I've also noticed the persistence with backup too, as I've had SWAT units assist me on a pursuit five minutes after calling them to assist on another callout that was on a completely different side of the map, which is neat, but also kind of a pain lol.

I doubt it was the same SWAT unit, it seems that LSPDFR pulls out an assortment of random units. The very first callout I got (in the middle of Los Santos) several units automatically joined in and they were including a highway bike and a NOOSE team... So these units obviously didn't come from a previous callout.

I do appreciate the effort and the outstanding work that went into units joining in instead of remaining passive but I believe it went a little too far.

1 hour ago, DLM3 said:

I doubt it was the same SWAT unit, it seems that LSPDFR pulls out an assortment of random units. The very first callout I got (in the middle of Los Santos) several units automatically joined in and they were including a highway bike and a NOOSE team... So these units obviously didn't come from a previous callout.

I do appreciate the effort and the outstanding work that went into units joining in instead of remaining passive but I believe it went a little too far.

I too experienced this, I had federal agents, SWAT and CHP in a pursuit, which I never asked for. I think I might have to sit down and go through the backup.xml. It is a neat feature though, but I don't want SWAT and the feds responding to an average LA pursuit.

1 hour ago, SkillfulCorpse said:

I too experienced this, I had federal agents, SWAT and CHP in a pursuit, which I never asked for. I think I might have to sit down and go through the backup.xml. It is a neat feature though, but I don't want SWAT and the feds responding to an average LA pursuit.

You cannot configure that sort of thing in the XML file. This is part of the issue I was talking about in a different thread, the issue isn't about backup that we request but all these useless units that automatically respond to a chase although we haven't invited them, as cool it is to see units not remaining passive anymore this should be up to us to decide how many units respond to a callout.