Reyesinc

What Patchday should i use?

Hello everybody, 

There are a lot of patchdays I can choose from to install my mods too. They all have a weapons.rpf and a vehicles.rpf. So I got confused. Should I install the mods into the latest patchday (patchday8ng). Or into the readme/install instructions patchday (which usually is 2-4ng). Or do I need another patchday?

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Reyesinc said:

Hello everybody, 

There are a lot of patchdays I can choose from to install my mods too. They all have a weapons.rpf and a vehicles.rpf. So I got confused. Should I install the mods into the latest patchday (patchday8ng). Or into the readme/install instructions patchday (which usually is 2-4ng). Or do I need another patchday?

Thanks.

use the location that the Readme.ini states. There is some vehicle textures that require you to install to pathday8 but unless the readme tells you to then there is really no reason too. patchday8 is the most recent update so mods that effect that content such as yachts would be found inside that folder. These are the only vehicles that would need to be replaced in patchday8. The massacro is the only one that I have seen people confused about since it used to exist in patchday3 but now exists in patchday8.

bdedc3bbb7.png

Edited by TheDude

You should use the newest one - that way your modded files will always overwrite everything.

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

So I downloaded the Glock pack, so I installed it in Patchday2ng (saw it in the comments of the mod site). But it didn't work. So I uploaded it to patchday8ng and it worked (partially). Only the combat pistol worked, the normal pistol didn't, but I uploaded both files. 

3 hours ago, Reyesinc said:

So I downloaded the Glock pack, so I installed it in Patchday2ng (saw it in the comments of the mod site). But it didn't work. So I uploaded it to patchday8ng and it worked (partially). Only the combat pistol worked, the normal pistol didn't, but I uploaded both files. 

All weapon mods go to patchday8 now. The Glock pack (if you're referring to the one I know about) is combat pistol and AP pistol. So it doesn't affect the normal pistol.

Edited by Kilyin

On 7-1-2016 at 2:00 AM, Kilyin said:

All weapon mods go to patchday8 now. The Glock pack (if you're referring to the one I know about) is combat pistol and AP pistol. So it doesn't affect the normal pistol.

Wow, never saw that, now I know this mod is working, but I still have a problem with installing cars. I follow the readme patchday, but it doesn't work. Should I use the newest patchday or another patchday. The car I tried this with is the LSPD 2015 charger (newest version). Thanks

42 minutes ago, Reyesinc said:

Wow, never saw that, now I know this mod is working, but I still have a problem with installing cars. I follow the readme patchday, but it doesn't work. Should I use the newest patchday or another patchday. The car I tried this with is the LSPD 2015 charger (newest version). Thanks

I usually follow what the readme says, but you can install it to a later patchday and it should work.