Sign in to follow this  
cookiemuncher1

Suspects vehicle auto save mod

Hello, I was thinking of a mod that could come well in handy for crazy foot pursuits, or even just up the road with that matter. Ask yourself,  when i make a traffic stop or i find myself in a pursuit, How many times does the suspect flee their vehicle leading to a long foot pursuit that leaves the suspects vehicle to disappear? My answer, probably around 80% of the time. I am the type of role player that after I arrest the suspect i  would like to search the persons vehicle. This causes me to end up shooting the suspects leg so the vehicle doesn't de'spawn which i find isn't realistic. Anyway, Let me know what you think, maybe someone will develop something like this. If people  like the idea i may go into more detail about what i was thinking.

Thanks, David          

P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS

On 12/25/2015 at 10:58 PM, cookiemuncher1 said:

Hello, I was thinking of a mod that could come well in handy for crazy foot pursuits, or even just up the road with that matter. Ask yourself,  when i make a traffic stop or i find myself in a pursuit, How many times does the suspect flee their vehicle leading to a long foot pursuit that leaves the suspects vehicle to disappear? My answer, probably around 80% of the time. I am the type of role player that after I arrest the suspect i  would like to search the persons vehicle. This causes me to end up shooting the suspects leg so the vehicle doesn't de'spawn which i find isn't realistic. Anyway, Let me know what you think, maybe someone will develop something like this. If people  like the idea i may go into more detail about what i was thinking.

Thanks, David          

P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS

I know this is a bit of a late response, but have you tried the Foot Pursuit Aid by Albo1125?  You can configure it a bit in the ini to even go a tiny bit faster.  Its a tad bit more realistic than shooting the suspect in the leg, although I do it on purpose most of the time when they are cuffed if I am pissed lol.    As far as the despawn of the vehicle goes, its hit or miss with me.  most of the time its there if I can tag a suspect within a reasonable distance,  so ya use Albo's mod mentioned earlier.  See if that helps.   There is also a persistence mod out there that literally allows for bodies, vehicles and various other objects to remain stationary no matter what the case is unless its hauled away or stolen etc.  Problem with that mod is the memory it starts to eat at your PC after awhile.  Because dead bodies will stay lying on the road 3 blocks over for hours.  If you play that long. 

What I do is I get back in my vehicle and drive up to them. I then block their path they are running. This usually ends up with the suspect running into my vehicle falling over and from there I can get out and tackle them the the ground, or taser them. 

The Entity Persistence plugin is great, I've never had a suspect car despawn since installing it. It does add a performance hit as the game has to keep bodies and cars in memory, but you can configure the distance away that they'll despawn so for most people it should just be a case of tweaking the settings till you get it right for your system.

On 1/15/2016 at 1:25 AM, OfficerBenzo said:

I know this is a bit of a late response, but have you tried the Foot Pursuit Aid by Albo1125?  You can configure it a bit in the ini to even go a tiny bit faster.  Its a tad bit more realistic than shooting the suspect in the leg, although I do it on purpose most of the time when they are cuffed if I am pissed lol.    As far as the despawn of the vehicle goes, its hit or miss with me.  most of the time its there if I can tag a suspect within a reasonable distance,  so ya use Albo's mod mentioned earlier.  See if that helps.   There is also a persistence mod out there that literally allows for bodies, vehicles and various other objects to remain stationary no matter what the case is unless its hauled away or stolen etc.  Problem with that mod is the memory it starts to eat at your PC after awhile.  Because dead bodies will stay lying on the road 3 blocks over for hours.  If you play that long. 

I do currently have the foot pursuit aid in but as far as the persistence mod goes, my computer already shuts off randomly if i dont have a big box fan shooting air into my pc, but, maybe this will be fixed with the big 0.3 update

17 minutes ago, cookiemuncher1 said:

I do currently have the foot pursuit aid in but as far as the persistence mod goes, my computer already shuts off randomly if i dont have a big box fan shooting air into my pc, but, maybe this will be fixed with the big 0.3 update

Indeed.  ya I would not recommend the persistence mod. I have a high end PC and still would not have it installed. Hopefully this new patch will work better for all of us

2 minutes ago, OfficerBenzo said:

Indeed.  ya I would not recommend the persistence mod. I have a high end PC and still would not have it installed. Hopefully this new patch will work better for all of us

Are you Excited for 0.3? :D