A8

Callouts not working

A8    0

Hi all!

I'm new to this community and GTA in general. I've been watching LS/LCPDFR videos on YouTube and figured I'd give it a go. I have GTA IV and LCPDFR. Everything works fine, except the callouts. Callouts will be generated, but 5-10 seconds after they appear they display "Crime Scene Cleared"(or something similar) and the callout disappears.  

Is there something I have to do to accept the callouts?

Is this a known problem?

Thanks for your help! I look forward to your response!

-Alessandro

4 minutes ago, claw106 said:

You are pressing Y to accept them, right?

Y to Accept, N to deny.

Welcome to the Community, by the way.

I don't think you can deny them actually, I think if you just don't accept the callout it will go away as A8 stated.

Just now, NYSP said:

I don't think you can deny them actually, I think if you just don't accept the callout it will go away as A8 stated.

It is listed in the LCPD:FR manual that pressing N will deny the callout.

See Here

Edited by claw106

1 minute ago, claw106 said:

It is listed in the LCPD:FR manual that pressing N will deny the callout.

I thought this was LSPDFR, forgot to read lol, you're correct, N will deny the callout.

Just now, NYSP said:

I thought this was LSPDFR, forgot to read lol, you're correct, N will deny the callout.

Aye, no problems.

As for the main problem. If you wish to quickly generate a call (which still must be manually accepted with the Y key), press the ~ key, it should be located under your ESC key if your using windows. Once in there, you will see lots of green writing. This is the console.

Type startcallout to get a random callout.

A8    0

That was probably the problem! I figured it was just something I was missing! Thanks guys!

2 minutes ago, claw106 said:

Aye, no problems.

As for the main problem. If you wish to quickly generate a call (which still must be manually accepted with the Y key), press the ~ key, it should be located under your ESC key if your using windows. Once in there, you will see lots of green writing. This is the console.

Type startcallout to get a random callout.

Okay I'll try that! I've been using that to spawn cars

No problem! Glad we could help! Post back here if your still having problems in relation to this callouts issue.

Use this, it's much more easier than spawning cars in the console. It's called Simple Native Trainer.

It doesn't have support for starting LCPD:FR callout's though. So you will need to still do it manually.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simple-trainer-version-65-f2115

Edited by claw106

A8    0
21 minutes ago, claw106 said:

No problem! Glad we could help! Post back here if your still having problems in relation to this callouts issue.

Thanks! I got the callouts to work now! Is there any way to run the lights without the siren sounding?

6 hours ago, A8 said:

Thanks! I got the callouts to work now! Is there any way to run the lights without the siren sounding?

To change these vehicles, you will need to download this program called OpenIV.

Yes, there is! It's called ELS, or Emergency Lighting System.

You can download it here.

ELS install instructions will be located in the spoiler.

OpenIV can be downloaded from it's website which is Here.

Download the installer, let it download the files through it's own installer and then let it install. It should do this automatically once you follow the prompts the setup gives you.

Once you have installed it, follow these steps very carefully.

Spoiler

Launch OpenIV, you should come to your GTA 4 installation files.

Navigate to here:

PC -> Models -> CDI Images 

Once there, search for your desired vehicle you wish to change. In your case, it will most likely be police or police2.

There are multiple vehicles related to Police that you can change. But we will just use the vehicles seen in this pack.

Download this pack -> http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/emergency-vehicle-pack-f11792

You will be able to use your own vehicles later. But we will just focus on these.

Once they have been downloaded, open and extract them using a program like WinRar or 7ZIP. I recommend WinRar.

I would also recommend extracting vehicle and other related files to an External Hard Drive/USB Drive. As having many Vehicle files that you aren't actually using can quickly take up space in your drive. 

WinRar Download Link: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Once extracted, go back to OpenIV. Right Click on Vehicles.img and click extract, as stated above. I would recommend extracting to an external hard drive. Extracting vehicles.img gives you a backup of the default vehicles in case something messes up and you need to put them back to default.

Once you have created the backup of vehicles.img, go to the vehicles.img in the OpenIV browser. Once in there, right click and press "Add"

Once you've clicked add, a box should come up. In this box that came up, navigate to the extracted pack you downloaded earlier. Highlight all of the files ending in WTD and WFT. It's important that you only highlight those files, and not any of the others like the extra folders. 

Click OK, and then those vehicles should have now overwritten your current files. Click on EDIT again to leave edit mode, search for police. Double click on one of the wft files. You should now see an NYPD Vehicle. 

If you do see an NYPD Vehicle, you may now close your OpenIV browser, as all changes are saved automatically when in edit mode. Once you have closed OpenIV and you are set to launch Grand Theft Auto IV, then you may do so.

If you do not see the NYPD vehicle, follow the above steps again. 

How to install ELS:

Extract the ELS downloaded files.

Copy and paste all extracted files to the GTA4 root directory. (Not whilest using OpenIV)

It will ask to overwrite files, click yes.

Sorry for the long post, but that is what's required. 

Any more problems, feel free to post back here.

Please note, that constantly posting on this thread will get annoying.  If it was up to me, I would not care as much. But, some moderators might. Which is understandable. You can add me on skype if you want.

Skype Username - claw106

Edited by claw106