Sign in to follow this  
jagalope

GTA 4 Multiplayer

So, I have 4 copies of GTA 4 on my computer. I have a LCPDFR copy, a Firefighter mod copy, and a Multiplayer copy. The LCPDFR copy is for singleplayer uses only and was the actual original. Multiplayer wouldn't work on this copy even after I tried to install GFWL, reinstall the game, etc. Next, the firefighter mod copy was the second one I made (obviously for firefighter) and I uninstalled LCPDFR from that destination. Oddly enough, the multiplayer worked on this copy. Because I wanted to play LCPDFR online with my friends, I made an extra copy for LCPDFR multiplayer. I eliminated some scripts, placed original peds back, and lowered the overall "mod" count to the destination to a minimum. When I started it, the multiplayer wouldn't work and the GFWL wouldn't work when I hit the "home" button.

I need someone to help me figure this out as to why I can't play LCPDFR online. I sign in through Social Club so that's not the problem. It seems to be LCPDFR stopping online play. Thank you for your help!

Never mind. I fixed my own problem. If anyone has anything similar to this, remove the file xlive_d.dll. Leave the others but remove this one.

If it still doesn't work then make sure that you have the Newest GFWL and find a post that lists everything that you need installed. Hope This Helps!

xliveless disables multiplayer and your save game. Dsound allows you to play multiplayer, but you can't have a completed save game, it'll crash.

You should remove both xlive files to prevent crashing, dsound is better overall.