kimjeongeun

Prevent update?

Well it's kind of inevitable. I dont know what version you have steam or retail dvd. I have the retail dvd. I don't do online play at all. So when offline mode needs to re validate I only allow it to do a initial download since it is auto I believe it does a 25 mb or so download installs that then wants you to sign into social club to validate and get the larger update that's crazy in size. Right after this I let it sign in and it'll try to jump to the update download. I pull my wifi stick and close it out. Then I launch rage hook and lcpdfr in offline mode again. It's worked for me and I have avoided the updates. Like I said I dont use or do online play so I don't know if gta itself will launch. I could care less I just use rage and lspdfr. It'll work for me until it needs to check again for validation for offline mode. Then I do same thing over. However it's borrowed time and eventually it'll catch probably and I'll have to update. Rage has been updated and others are as well or are in process. updates aren't too bad after the first bump in things. But if your on dvd retail and it wants to validate again and you've tried the endless scoffline things to others without success try the how to avoid gta v updates method by making a backup of your update rpf and launchers for gta v. I don't have that link on me handy but I'll let you know if I find it. You could try my method as its worked for me without issue. I don't do online mp so I couldn't tell you if gta v launcher is jacked lol but Rage hook and lcdpfr run and I'm on 0.2b and rhp 28 and don't plan to update until sometime later after xmas. I always make complete backups and read me's with everything since I have the space. I usually let it update after a period of time. But that backup method along with what I do has worked for me.

6 hours ago, Azteco said:

Well it's kind of inevitable. I dont know what version you have steam or retail dvd. I have the retail dvd. I don't do online play at all. So when offline mode needs to re validate I only allow it to do a initial download since it is auto I believe it does a 25 mb or so download installs that then wants you to sign into social club to validate and get the larger update that's crazy in size. Right after this I let it sign in and it'll try to jump to the update download. I pull my wifi stick and close it out. Then I launch rage hook and lcpdfr in offline mode again. It's worked for me and I have avoided the updates. Like I said I dont use or do online play so I don't know if gta itself will launch. I could care less I just use rage and lspdfr. It'll work for me until it needs to check again for validation for offline mode. Then I do same thing over. However it's borrowed time and eventually it'll catch probably and I'll have to update. Rage has been updated and others are as well or are in process. updates aren't too bad after the first bump in things. But if your on dvd retail and it wants to validate again and you've tried the endless scoffline things to others without success try the how to avoid gta v updates method by making a backup of your update rpf and launchers for gta v. I don't have that link on me handy but I'll let you know if I find it. You could try my method as its worked for me without issue. I don't do online mp so I couldn't tell you if gta v launcher is jacked lol but Rage hook and lcdpfr run and I'm on 0.2b and rhp 28 and don't plan to update until sometime later after xmas. I always make complete backups and read me's with everything since I have the space. I usually let it update after a period of time. But that backup method along with what I do has worked for me.

I'm a retail user and I'm using commandline which has "-scOfflineOnly-". Can this one prevent connecting online to verify Game?

Unfortunately no. I had tried that it worked for a few offline games then went back to needing to verify. Im still running fine and continuing the method I've done however if you play gta online I'm not sure what this method will do to gta launcher. It wants to update but I don't let it. Just enough time for it to sign into social club then I yank the wifi stick.