Quakex64

can you create your own DLC?

we all know from dbocks added cars we can usefully add cars to our game and with specific files, make them useful. If you have enough cars that you dont want to replace, like the police files for example, and you still want other skins for certain cars, can you make your own DLC??
I have a bunch of vehicles (dbocks addon emergency vehicles) for example.. if I want to spawn them to use in game, via trainers of course, can I make a dlc of them? When I mean a DLC, make all the correct directories, add the cars, then add all the associated vehicle metas, the carvariations, maybe handling and carcols, would it work?

I am only asking this now since I recently found/installed the most recent version of the police toolbox, and it lists everything it can do like call ems or bomb K9, so I just wonddered if we could make a DLC and have certain cars respond when called like the coroner boxville...

cars go here: update > x64 > dlcpacks > [your dlc name] > dlc.rpf > x64 > levels > gta5 > vehicles >
files go here:update > x64 > dlcpacks > [your dlc name] > dlc.rpf > common > data
of course then you would need to add your newly created DLC name to the DLC list  > update.rpf > common > data folder and find dlclist.xml

I wonder this also because I came upon this: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/police-golf-cart-dlc-add-on-vehicle  in a folder of the 'add-on' police vehicles

so, theoretically, can this be done?and working?

You can't make your own DLC file (or atleast i don't think you can) however you can add your own cars (like dblocks added vehicles), they need to go in certain directories for the game to recognize them.

That being said, it's possible to add your own vehicles and spawn them in traffic, although currently they won't be in pursuits in LSPDFR, that option will arrive in 0.3 with the customizable backup menu.

if you read the readme to the policecart I linked, the author has you adding it as its own dlc file...it simply says this:
"Do all 10 steps IN ORDER. If you screw up, I will laugh at you. This installation is idiot-proof.
If I did screw up the installation instructions, it is a fault on my part and I apologize, 
but I do not believe I screwed up the installation instructions. So, get installing!
    --INSTALLATION--
1) Open GTA V on OpenIV in EDIT MODE
2) Go to the update folder > x64 > dlcpacks
3) Create a new folder inside dlcpacks called "pcaddy" << DO NOT NAME IT ANYTING ELSE!
4) Go into the pocaddy folder in the WinRar file and click & drag dlc.rpf into OpenIV
5) You installed the DLC vehicle. Now it's time to add the DLC to the list.
6) Go to the update folder > update.rpf > common > data folder and find dlclist.xml.
7) Extract YOUR dlclist.xml to somewhere (E.G. Desktop, easiest)
8) Edit the file with Notepad ++ and insert below the last DLC pack "<Item>dlcpack:\policeballer\</Item>" WITHOUT QUOTES.
9) Save the file, and import the file/click & drag it back into update.rpf.
10) ENJOY!"

I dont know why he calls it policeballer if the car is policecart but its all there...

5 minutes ago, Quakex64 said:

if you read the readme to the policecart I linked, the author has you adding it as its own dlc file...it simply says this:
"Do all 10 steps IN ORDER. If you screw up, I will laugh at you. This installation is idiot-proof.
If I did screw up the installation instructions, it is a fault on my part and I apologize, 
but I do not believe I screwed up the installation instructions. So, get installing!
    --INSTALLATION--
1) Open GTA V on OpenIV in EDIT MODE
2) Go to the update folder > x64 > dlcpacks
3) Create a new folder inside dlcpacks called "pcaddy" << DO NOT NAME IT ANYTING ELSE!
4) Go into the pocaddy folder in the WinRar file and click & drag dlc.rpf into OpenIV
5) You installed the DLC vehicle. Now it's time to add the DLC to the list.
6) Go to the update folder > update.rpf > common > data folder and find dlclist.xml.
7) Extract YOUR dlclist.xml to somewhere (E.G. Desktop, easiest)
8) Edit the file with Notepad ++ and insert below the last DLC pack "<Item>dlcpack:\policeballer\</Item>" WITHOUT QUOTES.
9) Save the file, and import the file/click & drag it back into update.rpf.
10) ENJOY!"

I dont know why he calls it policeballer if the car is policecart but its all there...

Not familiar with that mod, but if you go download something like this https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/jaguar-c-x75 and look at the addon folder / examine the dlc.rpf... That is how you properly create an addon DLC for a car or multiple cars.

When you open both DLC rpfs in openIV, you can see they both have the basic structure down for "add-on" vehicles. differences noted on the image.

NHWW7AU.png

now if I wanted to add more police vehicles in that DLC all I would essentially have to do is the carvariations and vehicle files, since you do that via DBocks added car slots

Edited by Quakex64
edits

16 hours ago, Quakex64 said:

When you open both DLC rpfs in openIV, you can see they both have the basic structure down for "add-on" vehicles. differences noted on the image.

NHWW7AU.png

now if I wanted to add more police vehicles in that DLC all I would essentially have to do is the carvariations and vehicle files, since you do that via DBocks added car slots

Yeah, there are multiple ways to do it. Those file paths are defined in the content.xml file in the dlc.rpf. As long as that it is kosher, it'll work either way.

I think I figured out how to do it. With some testing and 2 GB of gta 5 redownloaded (I installed it correctly, couldnt get game to run properly after) I think I may have done it... Dont know though, still need to fine tune the carvariations and vehicles meta, respectively, but I have the ground work laid out following TKmods for his thing and also the policecart layout....

will reply here sometime to see if it actually worked... :like:

UPDATE: 
Question: in the vehicles, carvariations or handling files, do the names of the cars have to be alphabetical????  if I have jester, feltzer, baller and t20 can I put them in a mentioned file out of order or does it matter???

On 12/16/2015 at 2:16 PM, Kilyin said:

Yeah, there are multiple ways to do it. Those file paths are defined in the content.xml file in the dlc.rpf. As long as that it is kosher, it'll work either way.

where is the context.xml? in the specific dlc rpf or in the common data or update rpf or folder?

39 minutes ago, Quakex64 said:

UPDATE: 
Question: in the vehicles, carvariations or handling files, do the names of the cars have to be alphabetical????  if I have jester, feltzer, baller and t20 can I put them in a mentioned file out of order or does it matter???

where is the context.xml? in the specific dlc rpf or in the common data or update rpf or folder?

Alphabetical order doesn't matter.  I found a youtube tutorial about it, maybe that'll help.

Spoiler