Sign in to follow this  
JasonO

ELS 8.0 - Disable ELS Lock?

Hi,

When pressing scroll lock (my TS Push to Talk button) it turns on ELS Lock. Something which disables all the ELS keys (useful for when you text chat I suppose). Is there anyway to disable this? I couldn't find it in the config or ini files anywhere. I've used scroll lock for years in Teamspeak and I have to press it twice to keep using ELS. It's a bit frustrating :(

If anyone knows how I can disable the ELS lock I would appreciate it.

Jason

Just change it in the config file. You can change it from scroll lock to a different key.

There is a couple of documents that came with ELS v8 that tells you how to do it.

That's the thing, it's not. It's a grey blank box in the PDF in the ini reference column.

72YB29p.jpg

Edited by JasonO

That's the thing, it's not. It's a grey blank box in the PDF in the ini reference column.

72YB29p.jpg

That is the key list to the controls of ELS. You can change them. There is a list of mouse and keyboard key's which can be used to change the controls in "ELS USERGUIDE.pdf" under section 6.02 - Control Key Codes.

They can be used in the ELS.ini file. for example i want to change the Primary lights from J (74) to Enter (13) i just change the numbers in the INI to the numbers it's set to in the Control Key codes list.

Right, I am fully aware of the configuration of keys so that they can be changed and aware of the numbers that represent the specific keys. That's not what I am asking.

I am asking where is it defined to either change the ELS Lock key or where it is possible to disable it. I have gone through every configuration file and no key is set to 145 (Scroll Lock), nor does anything relate to ELS Lock as far as I can see to allow me to turn it off.

From what I can make out, you can't change it. That's why there is a grey box in that list above because there is no variable in the configuration files that relate to it. Unless someone can explain otherwise, I can't see where this can be changed. I'm not sure if this has been left out or intentional.

Edited by JasonO

Right, I am fully aware of the configuration of keys so that they can be changed and aware of the numbers that represent the specific keys. That's not what I am asking.

I am asking where is it defined to either change the ELS Lock key or where it is possible to disable it. I have gone through every configuration file and no key is set to 145 (Scroll Lock), nor does anything relate to ELS Lock as far as I can see to allow me to turn it off.

From what I can make out, you can't change it. That's why there is a grey box in that list above because there is no variable in the configuration files that relate to it. Unless someone can explain otherwise, I can't see where this can be changed. I'm not sure if this has been left out or intentional.

My apologies, you're right there is no option for it in the INI. which would mean it was hard-coded into the script itself. so you can't disable it nor change it unfortunately

In that case, the only option would be to change the PTT button.

I've had the same PTT button since 2001 :( Will be a habit I will struggle to break haha.

Thanks all, I thought it'll either be hard coded or I'm missing something extremely obvious!