saXoni

Framerate drops after 3 minutes

Hey people!

I recently installed both GTA IV and LCPDFR on my computer, and it ran perfectly fine until I started adding certain scripts. I load up the game, hit ALT+P and run over to the station, as soon as I'm customizing my character the framerate drops drastically and the game becomes unplayable. If I do anything with the graphics settings the problem will disappear for a couple of minutes, but after that they come back again. It doesn't matter whether I turn up or down the graphics.

Re-installing both GTA IV and LCPDFR did not work, lowering the graphics overall did not work, nor did running the game in high priority via the task manager.

I have the Steam version of GTA IV.

I have installed LCPDFR 1.0, and I have tried both the manual and automatic installer.

I am also using ELS v8.0

The scripts I have installed are: LCPDANPR; Policing; TrafficFlow; vdH_towService.

My specs:

Windows 7

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z

AMD FX-9590 8-core @ 5.0 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

16GB RAM - Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHz

Please tell me if you need any other information.

If anyone would be able to help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

saXoni. 

No, same issue with just LCPDFR. I just re-installed GTA IV from scratch, and the issue is still there without any mods at all, not even LCPDFR. So the game is completely unmodified and I'm still having the issue. I was certain it would have something to do with LCPDFR or the scripts, but I guess not.

Edited by saXoni

My framerate decides to drop when i have background programs open (like documents, internet etc). make sure to close them before playing.

Also to give it a bit of a boost, disable your anti-virus (but make sure to enable it before going back onto the internet).

I'll try to give that a shot, thanks.

Although I do appreciate all the help I can get, do you not find it funny that it suddenly decided to drop my framerate all of a sudden? I never closed any background programs before the issue started.

How much VRAM does your 770 have? I have the 4GB edition and have to run a commandline file as GTA IV fails to recognize the extra memory on my card. I've never experienced any frame drops as of yet though.

Try creating a text file in your GTA IV directory called "commandline" (without the quotations), and paste this into it (save it once pasted) and see if it makes any difference. 

-nomemrestrict
-norestrictions
-availablevidmem 2.0
-novblank
-noprecache

My 770 has 2GB. I'll put those lines into a commandline text document and see if it makes a difference. Haven't had time to test out any of the tips mentioned above, so I'll do that too.

Thanks.

The commandline did not work, nor did disabling my anti-virus. I also excluded GTAIV.exe and the whole GTA IV folder in my anti-virus without any luck.

Small update:

I was tracking the temperature of my GPU using CPUID, and it before the game starts lagging the temperature peaks at 81C (177F). When the game starts lagging it drops down to 72C (162F). Does this give anyone any extra clues to what might be going on?

By the way, my CPU never went above 36C (97F)

Edited by saXoni