Sign in to follow this  
Firefighter 5663

What is causing GTA IV to crash?

My game will sometimes go for 5-10 minutes before crashing to desktop with "GTA IV has stopped working." I have a good PC and sometimes I can play for awhile without it crashing, it just depends. Here are all my game logs/reports: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ho35d5scxqwj8nu/AADFN17yYu9PyVdfQYDpf3tGa

It's normal to crash when you play with mods. GTA 4 was a horrible PC port that is barely stable on a vanilla version, so adding mods makes it unstable.

i have a good PC and i can play around 20 minutes and i crash (sometimes less). It's just something we have to deal with unfortunately:(

It's normal to crash when you play with mods. GTA 4 was a horrible PC port that is barely stable on a vanilla version, so adding mods makes it unstable.

i have a good PC and i can play around 20 minutes and i crash (sometimes less). It's just something we have to deal with unfortunately:(

No, it's not that. I can play for hours, now I can usually only play for 5-15 minutes at most.

My sarcastic answer: because it's Grand Theft Auto IV.

My legitimate answer: Try uninstalling any mods that you have installed recently. If this does not work, try to uninstall all of your mods and install them one-by-one.

My sarcastic answer: because it's Grand Theft Auto IV.

My legitimate answer: Try uninstalling any mods that you have installed recently. If this does not work, try to uninstall all of your mods and install them one-by-one.

I found that ELS v8 Crashes with LCPDFR 1.0 trying to find a fix

My GTA is still crashing, anywhere from 5 minutes in, to 45 minutes in. Not sure how to fix this. I've uninstalled most of my mods, I'll try downgrading to LCPDFR .95 RC2 and to ELS V7.