IronicRainbow

[REQ] SoundOff Intersectors (Willing to donate)

Hello all! I am looking for someone to create a pair of accurate SoundOff Intersector mirror lights for me. If someone is up to the task, I am willing to throw a few bucks your way as a donation for your efforts. It would be hugely appreciated!

GR336_500_1.JPG

ent2b3b_illum_01.jpg

4140c147-7d25-4889-9c79-361010c95955.jpg

Edited by IronicRainbow

This is one of the things I've been working on lately.

Unfortunately, my testing isn't going so well. These lights are so small when they are the correct size relative to the car, that they look good from up close but when you get farther away you can barely tell that they are flashing. I've got a few ideas and things to try to make them brighter, but I'm also working on some other projects and I'm frankly not very experienced with making new parts from scratch.

This is only the second thing I've ever made from scratch, the first was an in car pocket jet printer for a custom center console I'm working on. But the printer was easy compared to a custom piece of lighting equipment.

If I can get my intersectors working, I'll let you know.

Here's a screenshot of the ones I've built:

Intersector_zps295b64c8.png

Here's a video showing the brightness issue up close and far away, from a few tests I did with different size and shape extra lights:

This is one of the things I've been working on lately.

Unfortunately, my testing isn't going so well. These lights are so small when they are the correct size relative to the car, that they look good from up close but when you get farther away you can barely tell that they are flashing. I've got a few ideas and things to try to make them brighter, but I'm also working on some other projects and I'm frankly not very experienced with making new parts from scratch.

This is only the second thing I've ever made from scratch, the first was an in car pocket jet printer for a custom center console I'm working on. But the printer was easy compared to a custom piece of lighting equipment.

If I can get my intersectors working, I'll let you know.

Here's a screenshot of the ones I've built:

Intersector_zps295b64c8.png

Here's a video showing the brightness issue up close and far away, from a few tests I did with different size and shape extra lights:

Please do keep working on these! I would love to have them, and as previously stated, a donation is no problem as long as the parts are good quality.

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.