ValuedPear05

PC Controller Compatibility? (Only 360 controllers?)

Hi all, I'm new here so I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I could not find anything similar when searching. I prefer to use a controller, I have been playing GTA on and off since it's xbox release. I moved to PC a few years ago and eventually discovered this awesome mod. I played a little during .95 and there was no official controller support, but now there is and it doesn't seem to pick up my logitech controller for lcpdfr

It works for GTA, but I've tried changing the controls in the .ini for the controllerconfig. For example I set 'Arrest' as A without any modifier (set to none)  But nothing happens in game, it displays the right button to arrest the ped but there is no response. So i'm forced to juggle between the keyboard and controller.

I guess I'm just wondering if there is actual PC controller support, or it's only for xbox controllers. At least then I know if i'm doing something wrong, or don't have something enabled.

Thanks for your help

I think that LCPD:FR is only compatible with the XBOX 360 controller. however i'm not entirely sure because i have never tried using a different controller.

Dang that's unfortunate. Maybe I'll TRY and force myself to learn using the keyboard, since this is like the ONE game I use a controller on.

Anything you'd recommend in-game settings wise for keyboard? Such as if it's more comfortable to have camera zoomed all the way out, or if it's better to have it up close over the shoulder, etc?

I know it's kind of a silly question to ask, but the short time I was using KB&M was a little hard to get accurate (walking direction, etc.) in comparison to a controller, But I'm sure that's all familiarity..

Thanks again

I can't really recommend and keyboard and mouse setting because i have never used it for GTA, i have always used a controller. however the default settings are pretty good.

most controls are mapped out like GTA San Andreas, except a few buttons have changed.

Keyboard and mouse is the best way to play LCPDFR in my opinion, purely because I find the keybinds to all work straight away, with a 360 controller half of my keybinds don't work and need to be re-mapped.

As far as I know the Xbox 360 controller for windows is the only supported one, however you can try to use an emulator for another controller if you wish, although this may be buggy.