Figgis302

Game Crashes on Load

Whenever I load the game, it crashes to desktop. It gives no error message, no "Fatal Error" dialogue box, it just... Crashes. I've included the required files, do any of you guys know what's causing this?

EDIT: I forgot this; all I have installed is LCPDFR, a couple of car models, Simple Native Trainer, and ELS.

Edited by Figgis302

I have indeed; I purchased it and Episodes from Liberty City during the Rockstar Publisher Weekend on Steam.

Have you saved while on duty, or when using car mods in your save or garage? 

It's possible I may have accidentally saved while on duty, but I've not modded cars I have saved - I had enough of Fatal Error SMPA60 in the past, and I take care not to make that mistake anymore.

Here's the thing, though; I can't get in-game long enough to pause it and begin a new game. It crashes that quickly.

The most I could do would be to manually move my saves so it's forced to start a new game, but I don't know where Rockstar stores the GTA IV save files.

The save files are located in 2 different places depending on your ASI loader.

X:Users%username%AppDataLocalRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames
X:Users%username%DocumentsRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames
Note: The AppData-folder is usually hidden, make sure that you can see hidden files.

Note 2: “X” is the drive where you have installed GTA IV, and %username% is replaced by your username

I use dsound as my ASI loader, which should it be?

Found it and moved the files. Gonna test and see if this fixed anything.

EDIT: Didn't do anything. Just caused a crash before the game even loaded. Can you give me the exact file path, now that you know I use dsound? I'm not entirely confident I moved the correct files.

Edited by Figgis302

Alright, I googled which one Dsound uses and I was correct the first time, which means this isn't a corrupted savegame. Did the included log files say anything?

Hooray, hours of ridiculously shitty PC performance while GTA downloads only to have it crash again, every fucking time I launch it.

I've tried fresh installations before when this has happened, and it's solved nothing. This isn't the first time this has been an issue, only the first time it's gotten to the point where GTA is unplayable.

I ask again, did the log files say anything?

You didn't say that in the OP, so I couldn't possibly know, could I? All information that you do not provide, I have to ask for. I'd like for you to can the tone, I know it's frustrating but it won't help to get angry.

Your log files state that you are using other mods + that you have the freval error. The freval error was fixed for some users by doing this: Open up your LCPDFR.ini, look under "Main", it should look something like this by default:

[Main]
AdditionalCopCarModels= 
SuspectTransporterModels=POLICE;POLICE2;PSTOCKADE; 
VehicleTrunkWeapons=Shotgun_Baretta; 
AllTextMode=False 
AmbientScenariosMaximum=2 
AmbientScenariosMultiplier=250 
DepartmentName=Liberty City Police Department
DepartmentShortName=LCPD
FirstStart=True
UsingPoliceStationMod=False

Now, add to the bottom of that part

PreloadAllModels=True
The "Main" part should now look like this:

[Main]
AdditionalCopCarModels= 
SuspectTransporterModels=POLICE;POLICE2;PSTOCKADE; 
VehicleTrunkWeapons=Shotgun_Baretta; 
AllTextMode=False 
AmbientScenariosMaximum=2 
AmbientScenariosMultiplier=250 
DepartmentName=Liberty City Police Department
DepartmentShortName=LCPD
FirstStart=True
UsingPoliceStationMod=False
PreloadAllModels=True

Now, I recommend you to play LCPDFR without any other mods, the way it's meant to be played for best stability.

I think the crashes may have been caused by two conflicting LCPDFR.ini files from a filepath error on my behalf. However, I don't see the PreloadAllModels option listed.1 Anyways, I can list every single mod I have installed. They're all certified to work with the latest patch and LCPDFR, so I'm not sure if they'd be the cause.

Regarding my tone; apologies. Something had happened away-from-keyboard and I was rather upset.

EDIT: PreloadAllModels did not fix the issue, nor did correcting the filepath error on my end.

1: Misread it. Ignore that.

Edited by Figgis302