LQ112

ELS v7 question

I am using ELS v7 and wanted some help with configuring it.

I have the standard controls and every time I press J the rear reds come on. I wanted to press J and have blue lights and headlight flash come on. Does anyone know how to change it? I have read the PDF but still struggling.

Thanks,

LQ

Edited by LQ112

All threads merged. Don't ever post more than one topic again (in this case, four+ topics.). Take this as your final warning. You won't get help any faster by spamming our forums (in fact no one will wont to help you.).

-Staff

All threads merged. Don't ever post more than one topic again (in this case, four+ topics.). Take this as your final warning. You won't get help any faster by spamming our forums (in fact no one will wont to help you.).

-Staff

I apologise. I am on my phone and it froze. Didn't realise it had posted multiple times.

I apologise. I am on my phone and it froze. Didn't realise it had posted multiple times.

No worries, another member posted more than once so I suspected the site glitched. Normally a warning would be given but stuff happens. Hope you find your answer bud!

You need to press J 3 times for the entire christmas tree to switch on. It is most definitely somewhere in the .pdf file, but I'm not too bothered to search for it.

L is the warning lights (WRNL), K is the secondary lights (SECL) and J is the primary lights. you need to either press J 3 times, as stated before, or press L, then K, then J.

There is a file included with your ELS download called ELS Default Controls. This is where the default controls are listed. As for changing them, open your ELS.ini folder, located C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Grand Theft Auto. It will be C:/Program Files(x86)/Rockstar Games... if you have it from a disc. From there, open your ELS.ini folder. Immediately at the top is listed the controls, and their corresponding keys as well as the key number. In the ELS User Guide, on page 12, lists all of the key codes. If you want to change any keys, use the codes here to change the keys you want in your ELS.ini. For instance, if you want to have the siren as key F, change it from it's default code of 72, to the code for F(70). Save and you should be good. 

Now, if you want to have only your Primary lights to come on with one click, you will have to disable the other light stages. We can do this by going to the same file path at before, then finding the ELS folder,then open the file called "default_config.ini" and there should be all of the settings for the cars. I think in order to only have one light stage active, you need to set the others to off. So if you want your primary lights to be the only ones to work, set WRNL and SECL types to off. Now, I'm not 100% sure on that part, but that should work. 

Hope that helped some!

All the above information can be found in the manual. You should read that one before posting a topic. 

I believe he was on his mobile phone, hence the dupe threads, so I assume he did not have access to the manual from ELS 7 at the time. As always though, thoroughly read the manual or document if you're having trouble with a mod. Everything should be explained there.

Yeah I did read the manual but could quite make sense of it with what files it was talking about etc.

Thank you Crawford I think I understand it now lol. I will give it a go, thanks!

Yeah I did read the manual but could quite make sense of it with what files it was talking about etc.

Thank you Crawford I think I understand it now lol. I will give it a go, thanks!

Glad I could be of some help! :)