johnclark1102

Mapping Interior Lights for Camera / Console

I'm curious about mapping interior lights that are illuminated, for things like a dash camera or center console switches.

I would think it works kind of like mapping wig wags; just create a duplicate and map it to some part that lights up, like a headlight, since GTA automatically turns on the headlights at night. But, as far as I can tell the headlights only illuminate at night which is fine, since you can't really see the lights on switches and such during the day as prominently as night. But I know I've used some models that have the dash camera / console lights illuminated all the time so I'm curious how it works.

I thought I'd see if anyone more experienced knows how this is done and wanted to share the advice.

I think it's illuminated because the mapped texture that's lighting up is an emis texture, meaning it lights up. I believe it's named something like lights_emis or lightsemis or something.

The part that you want to light up would be mapped to any texture (doesn't matter which, as long as it has the colour that you want) - denoted by "xyz". The material would be called xyz lightsemissive and the part would be attached to something like chassis or bodyshell, etc.

So to recap, map the part to a lightsemissive material and attach it to chassis etc.

The part that you want to light up would be mapped to any texture (doesn't matter which, as long as it has the colour that you want) - denoted by "xyz". The material would be called xyz lightsemissive and the part would be attached to something like chassis or bodyshell, etc.

So to recap, map the part to a lightsemissive material and attach it to chassis

So I'm totally lost here but looking to do this lol. Would I take the texture from like an example a roof light bar that I have on the car and just put the light over the dashboard gauges? I show that it would only be the light texture and not necessarly light up just the lights that I want illuminated.

Also I detached the gauges from the chasis of the car so I could have it separate and then attached a headlight to the dash lights with no luck there either.

Basically I'm trying to get it to do this (I know i'm not the best at explaining what I am trying to do lol)

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Or like this one:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Edited by Thero