racer123246

Critical Errors & Crashes..

Hello all,

I just installed 1.0 yesterday after completing the storyline, and I've run into a few bugs and (many) crashes since. I ran into the .loader error as well, but managed to resolve that myself.

Anyways, today, I've been troubleshooting and just trying to get some time into the mod to see how things work, but the game crashes anywhere from 5-15 minutes after starting the mod. I have checked all the log files, and I've found numerous things that I'm not too confident are "good". Two of these things, which are both located in the main LCPDFR.log file, include a "Critical error during mainloop". Both instances seem to be different, as well. Other errors are located in the ScriptHook.log, ScriptHookDotNet.log, and AdvancedHook.log files. I will include all of the log files, however.

Also, upon using the diagnostic tool included, no problems have been found with the installation.

I have a few mods installed currently, those being ELS 7 R-130506, vDH TowService 2.0, vHD Police Station - Broker 1.0 and Traffic Flow V5R2. I also have 8 modded vehicles installed, 7 of which are pro-ELS.

Other info:
Running Win7 64-Bit, 4GB RAM, however, RAM doesn't seem to be that much of an issue because I don't have any lag at all with the settings that the game currently runs at.
GTA IV 1.0.7.0. Retail version, no crack or anything.
(I can't think of any other info needed).

I'd like to thank anyone who is able to help in advance because I've played the PS3 version of the game and known about the mod, and since I installed the PC version, I couldn't wait to installl it.

Update: I was able to play for about half an hour, and I crashed this time during a drunk driver pursuit. I attempted to order the driver out of the car with "e", when it crashed. In the main log, this was the last thing recorded prior to:    

"[ERROR - 10:23:25 PM] [CPedExtension] GetPedFromPool: Invalid handle: -6019158" 

And in the ScriptHookDotNet log, this was the final thing recorded:  

"2014-04-19 22:23:25 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
                      System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                         at unmanaged.NativeContext3.Invoke(Int32 nameptr, Byte[] args, Int32 argnum, NativeContext3* cxt)
                         at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
                         at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
                         at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
                         at GTA.NetHook.Tick()"

The included files were not updated to include this, but if anyone needs them to be, I will gladly upload the most recent versions.

Edited by racer123246

LCPDFR is only supported on a unmodded copy of the game. I'd try that. Remove all mods, except LCPDFR and try to launch the game again. Most likely it's GTA IV crashing because of your mods, not a LCPDFR crash directly. 

Alright. So I removed the TowService and Traffic Flow scripts, but kept ELS and the Police Station mods (only because I was lazy) and the game seemed to work okay for a little while.. However, I almost immediately got the Taxi bug and I crashed due to what I assume is another memory bug. Here's the last bit recorded from the ScriptHookDotNet log:

2014-04-20 13:39:28 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
                      System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                         at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
                         at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
                         at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
                         at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
                         at GTA.NetHook.Tick()
2014-04-20 13:46:35 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
                         at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
                         at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
                         at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
                         at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
                         at GTA.NetHook.Tick()

I feel that at 13:39 was the first time I realized that every vehicle was a taxi, and I am aware that that is a sign for a lack of memory available...