Faracus

Public Database V2.0 Getting Close

A lot of time and energy has gone into the design and construction of Version 2 of my Computer Database, this version will be enhancing features that already exist making them feel more useful and needed, and introducing new features.

Previously clans where only affiliated after purchasing a monthly subscription package, that will no longer be the case, I have streamlined the clan registration to become more automated meaning that your free clan page will be up and running instantly, and it will be more powerful than before.

The list of work that I need to do is almost finished and I have decided to share this small quick peek with you to show some of the changes that I have made. As usual I am always open to suggestions and comments so please feel free to let me know what you think.

User Home Pages are now complete, just like the clans home page, but only showing stats for the individual user, preview linked in the original post.

With clan members you can view either just that user or the whole clans live map, with non clan members just the users live map is displayed.

Just a few more system's to add such as a long awaited Account Options that will allow you to update your username, change password, and even remove your account as well as adding more statistics, then I'll be almost done!

There is a lot on my plate right now, I'm thinking rather than wait to release V2.0 of the GPS script and the Computer Database at the same time (V2.0 of the GPS script will include more integration with the dispatch section for clans) I will release the Computer Database then work on the Dispatch Section along side the GPS script after I have released V1 of ADMS because V2.0 of that will also work with V2.0 of my GPS script.....yea.....They are all coming together to become part of a powerful Role Playing toolbox if you will.

After those are released though I currently have no further plans, but I am open to suggestions for further RP scripts so please feel free to let me know what ideas you have, and as always enjoy the preview :)

P.S These current previews display two pages that for the first time are viewable to even non-registered users. :)

Preview Clan Home Pages

http://torontovirtual.net/computer/new/clanhome.php?clan=tvrpg

Preview Users Home Pages

http://torontovirtual.net/computer/new/userhome.php?user=Faracus

Other previews coming soon!!!!

Aww this is the thing that I got 13 emails about which all publicly showed my email address which can now be used by anyone to spam me! Thanks for the update Faracus!

EDIT: You apologise for spamming and publicly showing private email addresses but over the 13 emails I received this morning you continue to spam and publicly show email addresses. Very disappointing. (Please see attached photo)

Edited by TheScottishGamer

The only thing this is really missing is a nice layout. It looks pretty ugly right now, and it's really easy to make it look nice with some free CSS UI kits like:

http://iqonicdesign.com/ui/

http://purecss.io/

http://websymphony.net/almost-flat-ui/

These are all super easy to use and implement. If you need help implementing a layout (which I'm fairly certain you don't since you seem quite capable) feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck!

Edited by Bojan

The only reason I didn't add bootstrap was because it is so overused. The issue is the people that do end up using it don't customize it at all, and then you get hundreds of websites that look exactly the same. Not fun.

It's also worth saying that I think you and I have the same idea ('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>). Good luck!

Edited by Bojan

Aww this is the thing that I got 13 emails about which all publicly showed my email address which can now be used by anyone to spam me! Thanks for the update Faracus!

EDIT: You apologise for spamming and publicly showing private email addresses but over the 13 emails I received this morning you continue to spam and publicly show email addresses. Very disappointing. (Please see attached photo)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes I'm totally sorry about this, what had happened is a small piece of code was stuck in there that made the list just snowball, and I edited it on my local system then sent the apology email, but I forgot to upload the changes, I do this a lot and it makes fixing bugs hard to do when you're not uploading your changes and wonder why nothing is working lol.

Unfortunately this whole site has been hand coded by myself, and there is bound to be some bugs here and there.

Edited by Faracus

Yes I'm totally sorry about this, what had happened is a small piece of code was stuck in there that made the list just snowball, and I edited it on my local system then sent the apology email, but I forgot to upload the changes, I do this a lot and it makes fixing bugs hard to do when you're not uploading your changes and wonder why nothing is working lol.

Unfortunately this whole site has been hand coded by myself, and there is bound to be some bugs here and there.

Is there a way to unsubscribe from the website?

Is there a way to unsubscribe from the website?

I am currently working on the Account Options page which has a remove account, I will PM you with the link once it is finished.