ZMU920

openIV problem with replacing vehicles

hello forums!

sorry for possible bad grammar, i do not speak english as my first language. also sorry, if there is a thread regarding something like this already, I did try the search bar.

I used to play with some british police cars for some time, but now i decided to play with other cars. I went to openIV, and replaced the british police vehicles with stock vehicles for some time. everything went fine, but then I started gtaiv and I spawned a noose stockade, wich was a transit! please note, i had just moments ago replaced the nstockade with stock vehicles. then i filmed this video to show you whats wrong: (in the video i tried to replace that damn transit with a sprinter)

[video has been removed and the problem has been solved]

after filming i tried to see if other vehicles could be replaced anymore. I went to openIV and put in some cars. then i started game and noticed, that this transit is still there and the stock vehicles too!

please, if someone could, help me.  :blush:

Edited by ZMU920

Did you enable "Edit mode"? 

yes i did, just like in the video.

i knew ineseri would answer first

Haha :p 

When installing the default cars, how did you do that? 

i have this folder where i have copied .wft and .wtd files of original cars and i took them from there and installed with openIV.

but the thing is, i cant get rid of the transit and thise stock vehicles anymore, openIV says that there is no transit, just the sprinter seen in the video (again), but the

game says what sprinter? here you have a transit!

Could you try to overwrite the actual files to make sure you didn't acidentally copy the file containing the transit? 

what do you mean? I have replaced the vehicles.ide with a original one also (if thats what you mean), but still the transit is there and openIV says that there is the stock brute stockade.

i've got to say, that's one hell of a transit  :wallbash:

Edited by ZMU920

I mean the actual backup vehicles.img file :) 

just tried again, located my vehicles.ide backup, located the gta folder and put the backup into something/steam/steamapps/something/GTAIV/pc/cdimages. started game, spawned a nstockade.....and ''it'' was......there.......looking at me.........

Not the ide, the img file please. 

sorry, i mispelled. i meant .img. im kinda stressed, got four excams coming next week and now gta does this

Maybe you should focus on that instead haha. Open the backup img file with openiv and tell what model the replaced vehicle is.

done. transit. still openIV says that it's a brute stockade, but in game it spawns a transit.

in openIV, i open nstockade and it shows me that 3D file of brute stockade, the stock vehicle. still in game only transit. this is really wrong  :confused:

it should be, but just like in that video (sorry, again) i put a sprinter to nstockade slot (edit mode enabled) and start the game. then game gives me a transit as nstockade. should i re-download the whole damn game? that would take about three days with my connection....

''im at a loss'' -cole phelps,L.A.noire  :tongue:

anyways, sorry to bother even more, but when i replace stock vehicles with modded ones trough openIV, openIV show them as those what i but, but in game they are stock R* vehicles

Did you install the patch normally?

what patch? i have steam version of the game so its updated automatically.