jrockie

GTA IV won't update

Hello, I have just installed GTA IV on windows 8. I went and updated but it wouldn't work. I downloaded all the updates (1.0.1.0 - 1.0.7.0) and did it one by one. After the 4th update then it won't update.

If I start the 1.0.5.0 update, the update finishes and says it was successfully updated. I go and check the version on the gtaiv.exe and it still says 1.0.4.0. What could be the problem?

Well I tried that also and it won't change a thing. But yet it says the update was successfully done.

I just did it one by one to see after which one it didn't work.

Edited by jrockie

I just download the Patch 1.0.7.0, and installed it.. I never had this problem, even that the fact that I read allot of people having the same problem as you 

You need to update your GTA IV to 1.0.8.0 that way it will span to the correct resolution, that way you will get Episodes from Liberty City free if you don't already have it.

Most mods will work with 1.0.7.0, there is an new patch from R** the new patches will not work with the scripts and mods 

I reinstalled the game and tried once again to update patch release 7 and it didn't work. So I found this post online that allows the patch to be done manually (some what).

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/on51nqo8i6xxanx/GTAIV_1.0.7.0_Patch.exe

Run the .exe folder, select the Directory of GTA IV (F:ProgramsRockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IV)

Hit extract, and then when you get "Overwrite Files", click "Yes for All".

Thank you for everyone that tried to help!   :thumbsup:

7-Zip has the ability to create self extracting .exe files, that's all it is. Norton 360 Premier did not detect anything.