GameandChill

Zmodeler Locking Up.

Hey guys, I found this unlocked Ford F250 Ambulance, this is the first vehicle I've ever edited. All I'm trying to do is add ELS lights. Well I think I do it succesfully, but when I try to export it, Zmodeler just locks up. I've even tried a CVPI and Suburban. What am I doing wrong? 

Edited by BLS501

Well, first of all, make sure you have a legal copy of zmodeler. It also might be a bug with version 2.2.4, try updating to 2.2.6.

Also, you need to import the texture files for the model before importing the actual model. Not doing so will result in your model not having any textures. If you import a model and then see texture errors in the box on the bottom, press undo and load in the missing textures then re-import the model.

Okay I got it to export but now when I spawn the ambulance in game, I get this error. Again I am a noob. This is my first vehicle I've ever "edited" or put lights on. 

Do you know if it's a texture from the liberty doing it, or is it from the Ambulance textures that were included. Like I said in the first post, I found that F250 Ambulance here, in the unlocked models thread. 

Edit: ahh I think I know what's going on. It's not putting the textures where they are supposed to go, even though I input them in before I import the model. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to try a crown vic here in a little bit just to test things out. 

Edited by BLS501

Hey guys, I found this unlocked Ford F250 Ambulance, this is the first vehicle I've ever edited. All I'm trying to do is add ELS lights. Well I think I do it succesfully, but when I try to export it, Zmodeler just locks up. I've even tried a CVPI and Suburban. What am I doing wrong? 

Please tell me where you found it, so I can help you out, it sounds like you have texture issues!

Thank you! Off to work on this!

Gucci Mane is known for ripping BTW!

I can see, I kinda figured. The Ambulance is going to be used for personal use anyway. I suck at modeling, otherwise I'd make one myself, but I'm just trying to find an ambulance that looks similar to the ones I have at the Ambulance Company I'm on. 

I can see, I kinda figured. The Ambulance is going to be used for personal use anyway. I suck at modeling, otherwise I'd make one myself, but I'm just trying to find an ambulance that looks similar to the ones I have at the Ambulance Company I'm on. 

Let's see some pics! :yes:

I'm going to be making this truck hopefully by using this F250 Ambulance, if you or someone can figure it out. 

My girlfriend made a skin for the newest F350 ambulance that was released, but I wanted to make something that looks even more like the actual ambulance. 

Do you know if it's a texture from the liberty doing it, or is it from the Ambulance textures that were included. Like I said in the first post, I found that F250 Ambulance here, in the unlocked models thread. 

Edit: ahh I think I know what's going on. It's not putting the textures where they are supposed to go, even though I input them in before I import the model. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm going to try a crown vic here in a little bit just to test things out. 

What settings are you using for "Preferrable textures" in the Import window ? PNG or DDS?  If you exported the textures as .PNG it should be PNG. And they should be in the same folder as the modelfile :)

I have it .PNG. They all are. If you go to the link I posted up above , you can see that the Ambulance is a .z3d file. And I've exported the model, and put all of the textures on first, then re-imported it ,and it's still "Textureless" The whelen liberty isn't though. Is it something wrong with the Ambulance? 

Its because its looking for the texture files in the wrong places.. as it is saved as a z3d. The previous textures folder is not the same as you are using, i guess :)  Dont know if there is any other way, than to reassign all textures. Tried to open the z3d file with the textures in the same folder. No dice.

Gotta set up all textures from scratch, to each material in the materials editor ( afaik i dont think you can easily add textures in the textures browser and they will auto-attach to the materials ). You should rather get the model in a .wft format from somewhere :)