OfficerK

How to use a savegame on a backup of GTA 4

Well, I backed up my files :D And i broke my main one by replacing the FBI Car :P 

And i got a 3rd backup but right now im using my 2nd so how do i use my savegame from my main on my backup, Do i just take the savegames folder and put it in the root directory of backup #2 or how do i do this. (Really don't want to do all the missions again)

So yeah, Help me please :) 

Thanks in advance

PS: I think you know what i'm trying to say if not i'll explain: I want to use a savegame from my main on a backup GTA 4.

No, the savegames go into the default savegames folder. They're not connected to the backups really. The save files are located in 2 different places.

X:Users%username%AppDataLocalRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames
X:Users%username%DocumentsRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames

Note: The AppData-folder is usually hidden, make sure that you can see hidden files.

Note 2: “X” is the drive where you have installed GTA IV, and %username% is replaced by your username

No, the savegames go into the default savegames folder. They're not connected to the backups really. The save files are located in 2 different places.

X:Users%username%AppDataLocalRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames
X:Users%username%DocumentsRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames

Note: The AppData-folder is usually hidden, make sure that you can see hidden files.

Note 2: “X” is the drive where you have installed GTA IV, and %username% is replaced by your username

Okay... So i will have to do the missions over again?

K i made a backup too but how do i make the backup #2 use them? if i even can... (Sorry if i'm misunderstanding)

Save games should universally be used. If you use xlive.dll, most likely the saves are in the Documents folder that ineseri posted. If not, they are most likely in the appdata folder ineseri posted. The game loads the saves from one of those folders. It doesn't matter if you're using a backup or not.

Save games should universally be used. If you use xlive.dll, most likely the saves are in the Documents folder that ineseri posted. If not, they are most likely in the appdata folder ineseri posted. The game loads the saves from one of those folders. It doesn't matter if you're using a backup or not.

K thanks, Would xliveless.dll be why? (need it for one of my mods the zombie apoc mod)

K thanks, Would xliveless.dll be why? (need it for one of my mods the zombie apoc mod)

It shouldn't matter because it still uses the same documents folder. The difference is that with xliveless, it's saved locally, whereas without it, it saves to GFWL.