Sign in to follow this  
AniHIlatOR

Game4Video ENB Frame Issue (FPS)

Okay, sorry to bother you but I'm kinda confused about my ENB working, - I'll try to describe as short as possible:

The problem is I installed Game4Video ENB 1.0.0.7 but there was a problem with missing file in it, so I downloaded N-Rage Enb to fill the empty files.

Everything works, but I was supposed to have more FPS than I actually have. This is frustrating cus I saw some other people have this config with higher FPS on weaker PC configuration.

I get 22-40 up to 117, depending on the scenery, objects and cars amount. In the night I get less FPS avg. (25) than during day, which is weird cus author of ENB described : 

FPS:

30 avg. at day
35-42 avg. at night    - he's got Gtx460, Intel Core i5 760 @3.37 Ghz.

I get less Fps then his PC config does. 

MY PC RIG:

GPU: Radeon 6970 HD 2GB Memory

CPU: i7-2600k 3,4 ->@3.66GHz

RAM: 8GB @1600MHz

Windows 7 sp 1

GAME DETAILS 

Video Mode: 1680x1050

Aspect Ratio: Auto

Texture Quality: High

Reflection Resolution: High

Water Quality: Medium

Shadow Quality: Medium 

Night Shadows: Medium

Texture Filter Quality: Anisotropic x8

Vsync: OFF

Definition: ON

View Distance: 30

Detail Distance: 40

Vehicle Density: 50

commandline.tx

-availablevidmem 4
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict
-noprecash
-novblank
-novsync 

What's the point, why i have less fps than eny other have, if my pc rig is quite good. 

*IMPORTANT* 

TESTED ON NEARLY CLEAN GAME WITHOUT ANY MODS, EXCEPT MODDED CARS.

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

Let's have a little look at your commandline to start with.

-availablevidmem 4
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict
-noprecash
-novblank
-novsync 
First, you are telling the game to use 4 gb of videomemory with this line:

-availablevidmem 4
All is well there.

But then, you are telling the game to have no restriction on memory usage, with this line:

-nomemrestrict
That really doesn't make any sense.

The rest of the code is fine, I have no further comments on that. I'd suggest you replacing your commandline with this one:

-novblank -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100 -novsync -frameLimit 0
Let me know if that works better.

I'd also recommend you to lower your view-distance settings and maybe disable shadows. Also, make sure you have a legal copy of the game and running the game as administrator. Running the game as administrator: Go to the GTA IV folder, right click on GTAIV.exe, Properties, Compatibility and select 'Run this program as administrator', do the same exact thing to the LaunchGTAIV.exe.

Edited by ineseri

Thank you, for this fast reply. Appreciated. 

I've tried what you proposed and I have to say I the difference is small. I gained like 2-3 fps. I copied your commandline and decreased slightly view range and detail range. However night sill stays on low Frame rate. However I noticed that coronas from car headlights make game slower. I thinking about delete this png. file. But if i do this, shall I edit something in additional flies like enbconfig or so?

I attached a screenshot showing situation where is a lot of objects and makes game work on 22-25 fps. As you see, the game doesn't look incredible good, before I had rly nice enb which looks 3 times better then this and I had similar amount of FPS. That was on patch 1.0.0.4. 

GTAIV+2014-02-18+15-02-01-84.jpg But I wanted to install fresh enb for 1.0.0.7 to play LCPDFR and other police scripts.

And there's a situation where i get 40-60 fps : (depends on scenery as I said)

GTAIV+2014-02-18+15-02-23-15.jpg Sorry if images are not scaled, will fix it if broken

Idk, what to do more with this game. Maybe i'm gonna try on this FPS if there's no other solution.

I'm gonna go and say it's your modded cars causing the FPS drop actually. Does it work without them? It's easy to try. Just copy your vehicles file, and reinsert the backup file you made previous to installing the car mods. 

Maybe it's fact cus I have all cars exchanged. Okay, will try it, except a reply in 5 minutes.

*EDIT* 

Nope, no a real reason for that decreased FPS, I'll try with original gtxd.img and vegetation.img, brb

Playing with original files like road texures, trees,, etc, I gained 5-6 fps from initial situation. But there's no point to play with stock vehicles right? I'll try to search for high resource file that slow my game. Maybe there is something with Antialiasing. Turning it off may help a little. Antialiasing settings are only in enbseries.ini or iceconfig.ini file, right?

If u have other ideas, feel free to post it.

Edited by AniHIlatOR

There are several good points to play with stock vehicles... They won't cause the game to crash for example. Maybe you could try reinstalling the game? Modding the game and changing mods often leave the game unstable and laggy. 

Well, I was experimenting with this game many times and as soon as anything goes wrong I deleted all files and replace it with a backup from my USB HDD. Will it really help to uninstall game and install it on fresh?

Maybe, I'll try it tommorow morning. 

Huh, I have to mention that I've tried to install lcpdfr, vdh and whole that police content and noticed slower texture loading. I've heard a lot about that issue, I mean about missing texture, black screens, etc , etc. 

Mine is just loading much slower, but it's not a big deal. I'll try to "trick" my GPU and tweak card memory by adding it from RAM cache. Or sth like this, I don't know how to describe IT/programming stuff. I'm not English native speaker  :tongue:

I can understand you just fine :) It always helps to reinstall, rather than to use backups as replacing files is sometimes tricky. I'm not sure I have more advice really.