eqicfailninja

GTA IV not launching after Rockstar Login

Hello, I was able to play GTA IV and even got into LCPDFR, but just recently, my game won't launch after the Rockstar Login... I've researched out the rear and not seeing a lot of help, especially with stuff that I've already downloaded... Is there something I can get help with... Please and Thanks.

Have you tried removing the mods or re-installing?

Also, this should be in the GTA IV support forum, not discussion forum.

Edited by br100x

Sorry... Just irratated that I was able to play my game for a few hours, logged off to do something and attempted to get back on and couldn't get any further than the Rockstar Login box... I click either play or play (offline) and it goes to load, than brings back the Rockstar Login box.

I have not encountered this issue personally, but as Grant said, restoring from a backup or re-installing is easiest fix I know of. Always make sure to make a backup of GTA IV before installing mods in the case something goes sour.

Take the whole GTAIV folder and copy it somewhere else. If you want to save disk space, you can put it into a zip. The only disadvantage of the zip is that you can not play it while zipped (for example, if you wanted to play a vanilla game and then have a separate GTAIV folder to play a modded game).

Now I have it installed, and I'm trying to get the graphics better... I'm doing the research, but every idea there is, it won't work... ugh...

If you want to increase the graphics quality at the expense of performance, you can use the -norestrictions parameter in the command line.

Yes it can, I specifically requested for this laptop I'm using to handle the game and the mod... My other option is for me to save up my money and probably order an Alienware computer... I had GTA IV running, with LCPDFR, than at some point it stopped, than upon following instructions, I backed up my GTA, I've even backed up my LCPDFR.. Now it gives me a DFA error.

Hi, JetFighter. I'm using a Vaio i3 with 6GB or RAM which many would say cannot handle the game. I used a commandline file to get the most out of my laptop and be able to play it pretty smoothly. Is the game running, just with shoddy graphics? Or is it not starting up at all? Make sure you click to 'Run as Administrator'. It seems simple but I forget to do that when I'm not thinking about it!

Hey Jetfighter6969,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your game.

Funnily enough, I suffered the fail to launch after the Rockstar Games login issue myself, but after a fresh install. In fact I created a topic on it, concluding with a fix, but if you missed it never mind.

As it transpired the launch issue was cause by a problem with Games For Windows Live not installing properly or becoming corrupted during the install process and thereby preventing the game from starting up. The fix is quite easy, download the files from the description in this video and unzip and drop them into the game directory (obviously excluding the readme :p).

In terms of your DFA error, I would run a fresh install, and then take things step by step. So start by launching the game (if it doesn't launch use the fix above), play through the first mission or save your game just to ensure everything is running hunky-dory, then patch the game, run it again and save the game, then begin adding mods, one by one running the game after each addition, so you can isolate and sort any issues.

I hope this helps, and good luck,

Hench

Edited by Hench

Yes it can, I specifically requested for this laptop I'm using to handle the game and the mod... My other option is for me to save up my money and probably order an Alienware computer... I had GTA IV running, with LCPDFR, than at some point it stopped, than upon following instructions, I backed up my GTA, I've even backed up my LCPDFR.. Now it gives me a DFA error.

Alienware computers are a waste of money. I'd highly recommend building your own, as you can more finely customize the computer and shave hundreds of dollars off the price tag. Refer to this thread for more: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

The point of the backup is to have a restore point in case anything goes wrong. This means that you should create a backup of the un-modded gta IV before putting in mods, not after. If you didn't make a backup of the un-modded game, you should be able to to restore it just by removing any files you added (like lcpdfr, trainer, etc.). Backups of your vehicles.img and img files can be found by a simple google search. Just to warn you, whenever GTA is modded, it will cause occasional crashes (while you are in game, not during startup). This is due to the way the game is coded, and cannot be prevented, though crashes can be kept at a minimum by using less mods or using the command line. To fix the DFA error, refer to this thread: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=451491

I'm now either getting the DFA error or unable to render a target, I need to install DirectX or do something with my video card.. Everything should be up to date... *slams head against wall...

Edited by jetfighter6969

Hey Jetfighter6969,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your game.

Funnily enough, I suffered the fail to launch after the Rockstar Games login issue myself, but after a fresh install. In fact I created a topic on it, concluding with a fix, but if you missed it never mind.

As it transpired the launch issue was cause by a problem with Games For Windows Live not installing properly or becoming corrupted during the install process and thereby preventing the game from starting up. The fix is quite easy, download the files from the description in this video and unzip and drop them into the game directory (obviously excluding the readme :p).

In terms of your DFA error, I would run a fresh install, and then take things step by step. So start by launching the game (if it doesn't launch use the fix above), play through the first mission or save your game just to ensure everything is running hunky-dory, then patch the game, run it again and save the game, then begin adding mods, one by one running the game after each addition, so you can isolate and sort any issues.

I hope this helps, and good luck,

Hench

Alright, so, watched the video, clicked the link, it began a little install, finished, clicked the install, and than it says it doesn't exist (unless I need to go into my downloads, copy the download and drop that into my GTA IV file {if you haven't really noticed, I'm not quite computer savvy and the best I can do is a little bit here and there})... All I am wanting to do is play my video game, with mods, and have fun like everyone else, how hard is that to ask for? I'm to the edge of finding someone who can help me get the game, with the mods and paying them for their services... But the issue is, Idk anyone who can really help me on this... I feel this would be better on a face-to-face basis where I can have a physical walk through on how to get this all to work.

And I've installed, uninstalled, re-installed the game like five or six times... I've even purchased the game twice (disc from Walmart) and once from the internet through Amazon...

On the terms of Alienware, I've had a few friends use GTA IV on an Alienware PC/Laptop, and haven't had issues, I've even had friends custom make their gaming PCs. Either way I go, I'm not wasting money, unless I get an out of date model...

Edited by jetfighter6969

Yeah, it may be worth having a local friend who is knowledgeable about computers to take a look at your setup. It may be something simple that's been overlooked and can easily be fixed.