Sign in to follow this  
911FordPoliceInterceptor

Cannot reinstall GTA IV

Sorry guys. I have yet another problem. I have just uninstalled GTA after everything got messed up when I installed a siren mod, and when I go to reinstall it, it does not work. I put the disk in, it spins, and the 'Welcome to the GTA IV Install process' box pops up. I click on 'Launch social club' and nothing at all happens. The box closes and it goes back to the home screen. I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened, then tried again 5 times, and still nothing.

Sorry to keep having problems, but please help if you can, thanks.

Launch the installer as administrator, and make sure that the game has been properly removed from your harddrive. 

I did both of those, and unfortunately they made no difference. Is there anything else you would suggest? Sorry for the late reply.

I did both of those, and unfortunately they made no difference. Is there anything else you would suggest? Sorry for the late reply.

Try looking for Rockstar Games Social Club and uninstall it. And are 100% sure you removed the old files of GTA IV? 

Try looking for Rockstar Games Social Club and uninstall it. And are 100% sure you removed the old files of GTA IV? 

I cannot find a 'Rockstar Games Social Club' file. Should I just delete every single thing related to GTA on my PC?

I cannot find a 'Rockstar Games Social Club' file. Should I just delete every single thing related to GTA on my PC?

Yes, but before you do that make sure that GTA IV is not in the Programs list. 

Yes, but before you do that make sure that GTA IV is not in the Programs list. 

I deleted it from the programs list, and looked through my whole computer and deleted everything to do with GTA, put the disk in, and...... still does not work. :wallbash:

I deleted it from the programs list, and looked through my whole computer and deleted everything to do with GTA, put the disk in, and...... still does not work. :wallbash:

We could try disabling uac 

1. Open the start menu.
2. Type “UAC” (without quotes).
3. Click the "Change User Account Control Settings" option. 
3. Pull the “slider” all the way down and accept the changes.

This will force Windows to run all programs in elevated mode. Give it a try. I'll try and look around for another solution. 

We could try disabling uac

1. Open the start menu.

2. Type “UAC” (without quotes).

3. Click the "Change User Account Control Settings" option.

3. Pull the “slider” all the way down and accept the changes.

This will force Windows to run all programs in elevated mode. Give it a try. I'll try and look around for another solution.

Thanks so much for helping. I will try that when I next have a chance, which will probably be in around 20 hours' time.

Thanks so much for helping. I will try that when I next have a chance, which will probably be in around 20 hours' time.

No problem, report back here when you get the chance! :)

Edited by ineseri

Reinstall Windows?

Unfortunately, this. It would seem that your Windows Installer is FUBAR. Do backups of everything to an external drive and reinstall it. 

Unfortunately, this. It would seem that your Windows Installer is FUBAR. Do backups of everything to an external drive and reinstall it. 

Awwww sh*t. I only got this PC a month ago, it's a pretty high-spec, custom built, and it's already gone t*ts up. Damn damn damn damn. Thank you for your help.

Edited by 911FordPoliceInterceptor

Wait, if my Windows Installer is messed up, how come I can download other things perfectly fine?

Wait, if my Windows Installer is messed up, how come I can download other things perfectly fine?

Hard to explain, but all software uses it's own instance of the installer.