Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeJetSam

Invalid Resource detected

So I successfully modeled my first car last night, just messing around, nothing worth releasing, but it worked. I tried to model another today and I did everything exactly the same as the model I built already. I got no error messages in Zmodeler but when I try to spawn it in game it shuts down and says "invalid resource detected, please re-install the game". I am using the same CVPI that I used on my first model, and I am using kevinDV's liberty, which is a fairly popular model, so I know they both work...does anyone know why this would be happening?

This is a stab in the dark, but perhaps your car wasn't packaged correctly inside vehicles.img, or perhaps vehicles.img is corrupt. Have you tried restoring the default and then re-adding your modded vehicle? Try avoiding the "Rebuild" button in SparkIV, that sometimes causes problems for people.

So after having read that, I tried my first car, which used to work...and now it too shuts down the game, so it is prolly something to do with the actual vehicles.img file...is it getting corrupted or a car not getting packaged correctly something that happens occasionally or is there some way to make sure that doesn't happen in the future?

so I just uploaded the car I was using for the same spot before I tried my own cars(which is a modeled car, not the original) and it works...I don't understand this modeling thing at all...haha