Sign in to follow this  
FidelChazztro

1.0.7.0 Update Issue

I just updated my game with the 1.0.7.0 update from Rockstar, in a hope to improve my game's performance as before I installed this update, although my game worked fine, it ran with some LCPD:FR issues (seeming to not work after 'X' minutes) and, occasionally, it was slow loading car/ped/building models. However, this is probably down to the (poorer) quality of my PC rather than issues in-game. 

Regardless, since the 1.0.7.0 update, my game won't load further than the initial 'artwork' screens and theme music, where it only used to take two and a half of these screens to get to loading my save game. However, I now have to watch all these 'artwork' screens before the music stops and I'm left with these 'artwork' screens continuing to cycle with the game still not loading.

I've got all the latest Microsoft updates (C++ etc.) as suggested in the pinned 'READ THIS FIRST' thread in the Support section, as well as trying all the suggested 'fixes' in that thread. I am running the game as downloaded from Steam, rather than from a hard copy on disc, whether that makes any difference I don't know?

I've also, as a last ditch attempt, tried running the 'LaunchGTA.exe' as Administrator, to no avail. So, posting here is really my last resort before I uninstall and re-install the game afresh, really just to see if there's anything else I could try, before I have to go through the monotony of downloading the game through Steam again.  :wallbash:

Thanks

Restore the game from the backup you made, so as to have a fresh installation. Install the patch over that and see if it works.