Sign in to follow this  
DubyaStep

Game wont start

Everything worked fine yesterday. Saved my game when i went to bed last night and now when i try to start it it wont start. It gets to the loading save game screen and then crashes. i have tried to delete the save but same problem. Any idea whats wrong?

All i have is LCPDFR, Police Helper, Traffic, cars installed

Edited by DubyaStep

no car parked but yes, i was on duty...why. How do i fix it?

That's the problem. Unfortunately you'll have to delete your save-game and start a new game; that should solve it.

That's the problem. Unfortunately you'll have to delete your save-game and start a new game; that should solve it.

i deleted the save game and tried to start a new one but the same problem occured. I deleted the savegame folder.

i deleted the save game and tried to start a new one but the same problem occured. I deleted the savegame folder.

Damn. The only thing I can think of doing is re-installing the game, as annoying as that is; that should solve it for good. Just remember to not save the game whilst on duty next time, and also make a backup of your GTA IV folder so you can quickly revert back to an unmodded (working) version of the game.  :smile:

Is the save game the one in the Rockstar Folder? if it is then there must be some script somewhere that i can edit if deleteing that isnt working. Any clues?

Edit: yes, clearly im not deleting the save somwhow. i remove the folder from documents but its still looking for the save. How do i tell it to start over?

Edited by DubyaStep

Is the save game the one in the Rockstar Folder? if it is then there must be some script somewhere that i can edit if deleteing that isnt working. Any clues?

Edit: yes, clearly im not deleting the save somwhow. i remove the folder from documents but its still looking for the save. How do i tell it to start over?

After the Rockstar logo's have popped up and the Social Club window appears, go to options and then game. I think there's a Load/Start New Game option in there. 

Actually, the savegames are stored in

%Appdata% -> /Local/RockstarGames/GTAIV/savegames

Actually, the savegames are stored in

%Appdata% -> /Local/RockstarGames/GTAIV/savegames

and thats the file im deleting but its still looking for it when i start the game. It crashes when it tries to load it. I must be missing something or there is script that was corrupted when i saved the game. Any thing i can fix? i hate to reinstall (again) for the 10th time.

After the Rockstar logo's have popped up and the Social Club window appears, go to options and then game. I think there's a Load/Start New Game option in there. 

Thought of that, there isnt. :sad:

Try logging out of Games For Windows Live and then deleting your savegames.

That did it! Thanx for the advice and thanx to everyone else who tried to help.