Senatov

Need help with lightbar...

Hello,

I am editing the lightbar file for a car that I like in GIMP. I am trying to make the lightbar blue and I did it, but the problem is that in the game, the blue is kind of dull. I changed it in GIMP, loaded up the game, and this time it was kind of purple. Can someone please tell me right shade of blue that is used on these files? I tried the eye dropper tool, but the blue it gave me was always more dull when I went to use it then where I copied it from.

Thanks!

Edited by Senatov

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. I'm assuming that you are looking to change the color of the glass on a light bar? I really only have experience with non els light bars. I also don't think there is a universal blue color used by all creators so that is probably a dead end.

Assuming you are using a non els light bar and are using gimp to change the color of glass to blue, you should probably start by erasing all the colors of the light bar to have a clean fresh area to paint. Pick out the blue you want, set the opacity down to about 50 and paint what you want blue. Do the same for red. I'm not an expert on GIMP but I do this so I don't get weird amounts of opacity in different places which can happen sometimes without me knowing.

screenshot_zps7e7a91de.png

Here is a light bar I modified to change the white to blue. You can see that you can see the default checkerboard pattern through the colors.

If you are changing the red to blue, on non els light bars it will still show red but it might be purple if you changed the glass to blue and its still shining red. I don't think you can change that.

That is my take on your problem. Hopefully it helps some. I have a feeling that you had a different problem and I just went off on a tangent though. (Oops!)

Thanks,

I have done it all correctly, but the problem is that I cannot find what blue to use. Some look too purple, some are too washed out. I am trying to match the blue on the other side of the lightbar, but the eyedropper tool gives me a different blue when I use it. I am trying to find what the correct blue is, or at least one that looks right.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but when trying to change the color/shade of a transparent section, be sure to remove anything in that area that is already transparent. I can't really find the words to explain, but it sort of adds the transparent color you're trying to change it to to what's already there.

Just copy paste a glass texture from an existing one in the file, like bugs usually haves, then use the bucket & pattern fill in the selection you want to paint (be sure to clear ti before pressing Del button)