Sign in to follow this  
eddie_vr6_turbo

Laggy gameplay with decent setup

My setup: AMD Phenom II x2 555 @3.2ghz

ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 X2 @1gb 

8gb DDR3 RAM 

..I'm running lcpdfr and bravehearts policing scripts along side several other scripts. (ELS, ALPR, and spotlight) ..I'm also running the latest version of icenhancer with all vehicles replaced with custom models..Im wondering if anyone could point me towards a direction to get better frames per second and reduce game stuttering along with random script crashes from bravehearts policing script..maybe some suggestions for catalyst settings and driver versions..and whether or not i should delete bravehearts policing script to prevent conflict as my game ran more smooth before the script..oh and btw Im using xliveless

just read that disabling catalyst AI improves performance..hmmsweat.gif.pagespeed.ce.yLkAV4RpD1.gif

Also using windows 7 64 bit

Edited by eddie_vr6_turbo

Remove your ENB

Remove unneeded vehicle mods

Lower your graphics settings

Upgrade your shitty hardware

Is there is really no need to customize all your vehicles. Only swap out Police Vehicles. 

I will replace the civilian vehicles with the originals..lets see how this turns out

Remove your ENB

Will do

You can't really expect a good performance with ENB and all-modded cars with your hardware. It's far from "decent", more to the "outdated AMD" side.

Remove your ENB

Oh and btw, what should i upgrade first? the CPU?

CPU is probably what brakes most. It's a dual core after all.

Which brand? or if you could recommend a specific one to me. I heard AMD is the worst with gta iv

Personally I like Intel, but my last AMD also did me a great service. However you have to know, that if you decide to switch brands completely, you will have to switch out your mainboard for sure.

Personally I like Intel, but my last AMD also did me a great service. However you have to know, that if you decide to switch brands completely, you will have to switch out your mainboard for sure.

Well I made several changes to my game..it certainly runs more smooth..I was able to conserve my resolution it was just the enb and vehicles..the pc is custom so making changes isn't a problem..but which AMD card seems best for the scenario? Should I upgrade the RAM while Im at it?

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.