ApolloFLAMES96

GTA IV Fatal Error Assistance needed

Assistance is needed. When I launch my GTA IV it partially loads, but at a certain point before it reaches the start menu it crashes and says..."GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Unable to create depth render target-Check that your Video Card meets or exceeds the minimum requirement. You may also try re-installing DirectX and /or the latest video card driver." But To my understanding Laptops do not have Video Card slots. My Toshiba Satelite A305-S6905 's specs are*Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400 *Windows Vista *32bit * Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD *128MB-1294MB shared graphics memory *3GB memory *320GB HDD * Display resoultion= 1280x800, supports 720p content. I already have DirectX installed.

Download the Diagnostic Tool, located on the main download section page.  Run it and post the results.

EDIT:  Actually, after reading your computer's specs, I don't think you'll be able to actually run it.  You're on Vista OS and only 3GB of RAM and your graphics card is very limiting.   

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

To my limited knowledge of laptops, I don't think yours is able to run GTA IV. The CPU isn't very strong nor is the graphics chip.

it stated after running the diagnostic : Visual C++ 2010 Redustributable not isnstalled, GTA IV: ASI Loader not found, GTA IV: C++Scripthook not found, GTA IV:.NET Scripthook not found... but it also states: CPU supported, RAM supported, .NET framework 4.0 installed, GT IV detected

The Intel graphics chip is not very good, but it should be able to outperform the video card listed under the minimum system requirements. Run this '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> and post the results, as there should be some way to resolve the error.

That graphics card doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. It's quite poor, not to mention the fact that the minimum system requirements for GTA IV are nowhere near the requirements that Rockstar gives out. Its well known that GTA IV performs like a piece of trash on even the strongest computers.

As well, that diagnostics tool only server to share details about why LCPDFR (or other mods using similar requirements) isn't properly working. It doesn't help much with finding out why GTA IV isn't working in general.

@OP - Sorry mate, there's pretty much no chance to play IV on that computer.

Edited by Bojan

That graphics card doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. It's quite poor, not to mention the fact that the minimum system requirements for GTA IV are nowhere near the requirements that Rockstar gives out. Its well known that GTA IV performs like a piece of trash on even the strongest computers.

As well, that diagnostics tool only server to share details about why LCPDFR (or other mods using similar requirements) isn't properly working. It doesn't help much with finding out why GTA IV isn't working in general.

@OP - Sorry mate, there's pretty much no chance to play IV on that computer.

Yeah, I think that was more wishful thinking on my part. :/ I already helped resolve some of the issues with his dll files and games for windows live, so I had hoped this issue could be fixed too.

Is there some way to still be able to run it? I know the game may run badly, but, it's better than no game at all.

(sorry for any typos, these iPhone keyboards are so small :P)

Yeah, I think that was more wishful thinking on my part. :/ I already helped resolve some of the issues with his dll files and games for windows live, so I had hoped this issue could be fixed too.

Is there some way to still be able to run it? I know the game may run badly, but, it's better than no game at all.

(sorry for any typos, these iPhone keyboards are so small :P)

Eh, its doubtful. I mean maybe, maybe, maybe if you could somehow trick the game into running, it'll run at a few frames (I'm talking like, less than 5 FPS). My laptop which is a great deal more powerful than this one can only run the game at around 25 FPS so theres a very slim chance it'll work. :3