Hey guys, Every time I go to start up my GTA i get the following error saying code is expecting version%d but file %s has version %d!-please reinstall the game. Now I have already done the obvious by reinstalling the game twice, both times I have continued to receive the same error code . That being said I have also Googled this problem but I have yet to have found anyone that knew what this error is. I am willing to reinstall the game if someone knows how to make sure I don't continue to receive the error.

Thanks 

Do you have GTA IV on Steam or DVD?

Which patch do you have?

Do you have any mods installed?

Which tool are you using to install new mods?

Well it says 'Code is expecting version %d but file %s has version %d! - Please reinstall GTA IV' and only very few people had it which means it should be easy to fix it. Probably something with game got messed up. If I were you, I would reinstall Windows, download all necessary stuff I need to run GTA IV properly like new drivers, installing DirectX with the automated web installer, Visual C++, .NET Framework. Then install GTA IV, update it to the latest patch and run it without mods.

First off; when installing LCPDFR, do you get the 4-green lights when the wizard pops up?

Second; install LCPDFR as Administrator.  Right click the installer and Run as Admin.

Third:  (Do this first actually)> Make sure GTAIV root folder is not read only.  If it is, uncheck the read only box and let it do it's thing for a minute.  Then install LCPDFR, running that as Admin.

Also, you can run the Diagnostic Tool, located at bottom of download page, and make sure all necessary items are installed properly (checks for proper NetFrame version, Asi Loader, proper GTA version, ect).  You can post the output for review if you still have issues.

Good luck!

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit