Sign in to follow this  
EliteGaming6

How to Make Skins

Hey,

I need some help for making skins for cars, i know how to make them but i want a skin like its white in the middle and black on the back sides of it. I use Paint.Net for them, if anybody can help do that for me, that would be great!

I attached some of the skins i made but they are all white, like i said i want it to be black on the sides and while in the middle.

Thanks

ELite

I would use the line tool as a selection tool. Go around the outline with the Line tool and contour it to your liking. Do so all the way around and fill it. It will leave some imperfections, so just get rid of them with the brush tool.

I love the line tool. It is so helpful.

Also, you can tilt text by selecting them, clicking the black arrow tool, right click and drag to rotate.

Edited by Michael V.

I tried that but did not work for me

Oh, and make a new layer for text.

It is much easier in most cases to do it yourself, as you have full control over what is happening.

I made a new layer but still nothing happened 

What do you mean by nothing happened?

I clicked the line button and put the cursor on the CVPI template and nothing happened 

You have to click and drag. To bend the line, drag the anchors.

I have done that and nothing happened.

Did you have a different colour than your background? Can you elaborate? I am just taking shots in the dark here.

It doesn't tell how to with templates of cars.

It is not supposed to. It is supposed to teach you the basics of Paint.NET. With that knowledge, you can put it towards skinning, because it seems your problem isn't a bug. You probably don't know how to use it correctly. Neither did I when I first got into it.

Edited by Michael V.

And have the skins in a notebook called noosestockade and .wft files plz send me the link to my gmail account which is -deleted by moderator- if any1 has a chance

MODERATOR NOTICE
Removed E-Mail address, to prevent crawling. ~Break

try using one of these for the black ond white just delete your original background and put this in instead (works for Bxbugs model, DriverSf you will need to re size it a bit) of trying to outline your template... Also if you want it to be black on both sides and white down the top you can jut take the hood roof and truck parts of these and then just change you're background so its black

​as for the rotating just take the selector tool right click (and hold) then move the mouse either up or down to rotate (the further the mouse from the selected item the slower the rotation)

Edited by bonehead