Sign in to follow this  
seriGR

Help with textures!

Hey guys,

i'm getting after 1 hour of gaming loss of textures.I know that this happened due to modded cars and traffic fixes.Is there a way to reduce  the loss of textures?I mean if i use less moded and non els car can i reduce the loss?Sorry for my English and thanks in advance!!!

Greetings from Greece

I had the same problem, many here have and still do.  With that said there is a couple of things you can Try:

• Do not mod police, police2, police3 or police4 with a high poly ELS cars.  Only use low-poly (under 1meg +/- EFT file) and no ELS
  • Only use high poly ELS cars in the nStockade, pStockade slots.  Although I have my noose modded with a mid-poly ELS car as they don't spwn that often.  I have no issue with texture pop modding the Noose slot.
  • Use Traffic Load for the tax bug.  If that is bugging out your textures use Chikamaru (SP?) traffic fix.  Chickamaru's fix is excellent as there is no texture loss at all and you will see all the vehicles.  I like these two much better than the other tax fixes because the AI cars will not spawn on top of you and you'll not see traffic jams on the beach or in alleys, unlike TrafficFlow, which you'll only see 20-cars (not to be confused with TrafficLoad, which is what I use.).  I'll try to find the link for both.
  • Use MemTurbo4 or CacheBoost to cure the memory leaks inherent with GTAIV.  MemTurbo is what I use to great effect.
  • I keep traffic density down under 20, using in-game settings.
  • I keep draw distance and detail under 30, although you can play with this and the previous setting to you liking.

The above has removed the taxi bug, no texture poppling any longer and smooth game play with a nice mix of cars.  By tweaking your setup a bit and managing your modded content, you should be able to kill the texture popping.

Good luck,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Anytime.  Post up if it worked for ya.

One more thing I like about Traffic Load is that you can crank the peds 200%, without increasing the number of spawned cars.  It really jams up the sidewalk with peds...just like NYC, without the FPS hit.  At the stop lights you'll see 20+ peds waiting to cross the street...especially in Times Square (The Triangle in game I believe).

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Sub'ed, I'm going to redo my LCPDFR setup and follow Detroit's hints, hopefully that'll help my issue.

Detroit... do you use an ENB, if so which one?

Edited by bravozero

Sub'ed, I'm going to redo my LCPDFR setup and follow Detroit's hints, hopefully that'll help my issue.

Detroit... do you use an ENB, if so which one?

I use RTCv4 (Real Time Cycle) instead of real ENB.  RTC looks great, you get a nice weather/time cycle and almost no FPS hits.  You can get it at GTA4-mods.com.  Most ENB's are a little heavy for my specs, so I see FPS loss with most ENBs.

Good luck buddy, hope you get it smoothed out.  I have mine just right (finally, after many months of tweaking)...so now I can kick back and enjoy.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit